Does anyone have any hands-on experiance with these guitars?
I came across one in a pawnshop, and the shop wants $595 for it. I played it and was very impressed with the playability. The tone was great unpluged, but all he had were some cheap practice amps.

I googled the brand and saw the builders page and what a boastful/arragant builder he is. Now I only had about 5 min with it till the owner wanted it back on the wall.

So my question are they really that great? 5 min is hardly time to tell. I know the price is right. So anyone?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Offer him like 200 dollars, and no matter what.

Never.

Ever.

Do business with Edouche Roman.
Fl
I just need a little helpdeciding if its worth it, because I really don't have the extra $$ laying around, but I'll eat potatoes for a while if need be!
Besides my wife will probably flip if I let her in on it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you have to be shitting.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Check it again and make sure it's the real deal. You might be lucky as hell if you can snag it while they have a price tag that low on it, they may not know what it is.

Ed Roman seems extremely egotistic and opinionated, and I love PRS guitars so I don't particularly care for his online rants against PRS, but even I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for a guitar like that at 1/5 the price. I'd resell it online if nothing else.
Ed Roman is a very good guitar maker whose personality leaves a great deal to be desired. As fine as his own offerings are, he never seems content unless he is dishing out the harshest criticisms of other builders; whether production or custom makers. According to Ed's rants, nobody is any good except himself. His insistence that he has the only stock of "decent" PRS guitars in existence is particularly amusing.

If you can get past the personal failings of the maker, his work is first-rate. He's got a celebrity clientele that has been using his guitars for years and speaks highly of them. It would be hard to set a price on a used one. They simply don't appear on the used market enough, and many of his designs are practically one-off instruments. I'm afraid you'll have to decide for yourself whether the guitar in question is worth the asking price.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Ed Roman is an incorrigible dick who is hilarious in a kind of sad way but $600 for one of his Quicksilvers is a pretty damn good deal. Even if you don't like it in the long run I am pretty sure you could flip that shit for a profit.
they are good guitars. some would argue that they arent good enough to be PRS price ranged especially when ed despises PRS (and most other expensive guitar brands).

however, for under 1000, they would be amazing. i would buy that. you could most likely get close to 1000ish if you sold it to the right person (somebody who knows what it really is).

you said it yourself - sounded good, good playability. every one ive seen looks amazing. what else do you need?

generally his stuff has very revealing finished on it. any flame maple or anything? neck and body wood?
Last edited by ikey_ at Aug 29, 2011,
Take your own amp in, and play the damn thing for awhile. If the owner throws a fit, ask him if he wants the money or not.
I went in the store to day and put $150 down on it.

And I think it's so cheap, because no one I have talked to in my area has even heard of these guitars before. Just cause it cost $2000ish new don't mean shite, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Yes I agree it is a nice guitar, nicer than my PRS deff not, but thats me.

I am seriously thinking about flipping it if I can really get $1000 or better on it, that would make wifey happy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate