We've all heard of Guthrie Govan, Marco Minnemann and Bryan Beller. Well now they've teamed up creating the Artistocracts.

This is what's written on their website and pretty much sums everything up.

"It’s not just fusion. It’s not just shredding. It’s not even meant to be taken seriously at times. It’s just the sound of a new band, consisting of three guys who did a NAMM show gig and discovered they had something musically deep going on together…and also had a propensity for employing R-rated song titles."

This is their first single.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atVhrTzp7hE

I've submitted this in both Modern Rock and Blues/Jazz forums as there was no Fusion.
who?

somebody had to say it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I'm so glad someone decided to create a thread about these guys. Probably the three best modern musicians on their instruments on this earth!

I saw them in june of this year, best live gig ever!

Do you guys think this will just be a one album thing or this will be more of a permanent group? (I'm hoping for the later!)

I was originally a bit disappointed Marco didn't get the DT gig, but after seeing him with this trio, I'm glad he didn't, he's too good for DT anyhow.
Quote by jesse music
Do you guys think this will just be a one album thing or this will be more of a permanent group? (I'm hoping for the later!)

I know Guthrie Govan enough to think this probably will be a one album thing.
Look at everything he does! How long as the second solo album been coming? How long has a new Fellowship live album been discussed?
I imagine all three of the members are busy enough to know that this is gonna be a fairly casual thing, even if they do make more albums.

Quote by jesse music
I was originally a bit disappointed Marco didn't get the DT gig, but after seeing him with this trio, I'm glad he didn't, he's too good for DT anyhow.

This is exactly how I felt.
Out of all the drummers auditioning, Marco was my favourite, was a bit annoyed that he didn't get the job, but I realised that the Aristocrats started after the DT auditions, so if he would have got it, he wouldn't have teamed up with these guys. (Well he would have teamed with Beller anyway as they were Greg Howe's backing band for a few gigs, as was the case at NAMM but Greg couldn't do it so Guthrie had to fill in).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Aristocrats, but worried a slight bit about the whole "Live in studio" feel they're going for. Can't help but think there might be bits in the album which would benefit from a bit more production.
Though I'm sure it'll be great. What with all three of them being great!
This looks very, very promising. I might have to buy this album. Thanks for the share!
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
I thought it would have been in Shred/ 80's / Progressive forum - I wouldn't really call them 'Fusion' (although anything under what most people refer to that category end up in the former)

ANYWAY...

Awesome awesome band but, Punk Ninja. These guys are doing a shitload of dates all over the world in support of this album - I can't imagine it's as casual as you make it out to be !
Quote by Zanon
Awesome awesome band but, Punk Ninja. These guys are doing a shitload of dates all over the world in support of this album - I can't imagine it's as casual as you make it out to be !

To be fair, they need to get paid somehow!
Guthrie's been doing clinics all over the world, talking about Suhr guitars/amps and playing tunes from Erotic Cakes, and gigging with his Erotic Cakes band (like at the Pistoia Blues Festival which is pretty big), but his solo stuff always seems to take a rather casual backseat.

I can imagine them gigging a lot and stuff, but with the attitude of all the players I can't help but think it'll be somewhat casual, much like what they do with other artists.
I can't see them
Bringing this back; more people need to hear these guys. Best concert I've been to by far.
And as for them being a casual, one-off thing... I personally heard from Guthrie that he doesn't see it that way, and that we should be on the lookout for more music from them in the future. Extremely good news.
this is a really great band. i want to buy their album.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore