What are some songs that you think would make great encores at gigs? My band has been working on a lot of covers and may be getting gigs or party-type non professional stuff, and we want some good encores to play in case we get the chance.

Our covers list includes these songs so far:
Purple Haze, Voodoo Child, Holland 1945, Teen Spirit, Sabotage, Monkey Wrench, Holiday In Cambodia, I Love Rock And Roll, Moby Dick, Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine, and more. We're essentially a rock band, and we would like some encore covers that could be really fun. We thought of Homecoming by Green Day (9 minutes long, for the irony and trolling the audience) but not sure what else. Any suggestions?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Free Bird! Voodoo Child would be a great encore song too, lots of room for improv.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

Hmm, I'll see if the mates think Voodoo Child would be good. And Free Bird is so obvious I can't believe we skipped that. I think I'll add It's A Long Way To The Top or some big ACDC song to the list.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
To me, the question is what emotion do you want to leave you audience with?

I like Voodoo Chile as a song, but not particularly as an encore song, because it's emotionally murky. I think you want something with more of a hook. VC is more of a two-thirds-of-the-way-through-the-set song. IMHO, of course.

If you're doing covers, you want something recognizable, with a clear hook, and that will either leave them bouncing and happy or give them a nice emotional landing.