I'm getting a Royal Atlantic head.

My pedals are as follows:

Crybaby from hell.
Ottava Magus (I'll experiment putting this one before the wah).
Ibanez Super Stereo Chorus 10.
Boss Flanger.
Carbon Copy.

My next buy:

Distortion (Maybe getting a Suhr Riot, not sure about it yet though).
Overdrive (I'm getting a tubescreamer for this spot).

All of them being powered by an I-spot.

My question. Is it a good idea to connect everything in front of the amp, or should I better connect the Mod pedals in the FX Loop?

If the best option is the second one I guess there will be 2 out cables coming out of my pedal board, right?
I'll be using a modified hardshell briefcase as my pedalboard.

Can you give me and idea of which is the best way to route all my pedal configuration?

Thank you.
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by ampoverload
Well are u gonna use your amp distortion also, or completely pedal distortion?

Both.
If you're gonna be using amp distortion, the delay really needs to be in the loop. The flanger and chorus can go either way. Up front is a smoother, more subtle sound and in the loop is a more pronounced, slightly metallic sound.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If you're gonna be using amp distortion, the delay really needs to be in the loop. The flanger and chorus can go either way. Up front is a smoother, more subtle sound and in the loop is a more pronounced, slightly metallic sound.

Got it, so there will be more cables going in and out my pedalboard xD. Do you guys have a trick to control all this much cables so it is not a mess?
You can use some zip ties to tie the cables together. Kind of a PITA if one breaks but if you're using decent cables that really shouldn't happen.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
You can use some zip ties to tie the cables together. Kind of a PITA if one breaks but if you're using decent cables that really shouldn't happen.

One more question, are George L's a nice choice? Right now I'm using good quality patch cables but I'm looking for better or "cleaner" options.
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 28, 2011,
I hate George L's from a reliability standpoint but they sound nice. I'd go with Mogami for a reasonably priced, good sounding and reliable cable.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I hate George L's from a reliability standpoint but they sound nice. I'd go with Mogami for a reasonably priced, good sounding and reliable cable.

Are the Mogami Gold good enough? Is there a big difference between gold and platinum? Those platinum are really expensive :O.
Ya, the Gold is definitely good enough. There's no need for the Platinum as the differences in specs aren't enough to warrant the high price IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

+1, my Mogamis have yet to fail on me after more than 2 years of use.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Meh. Mogamis are built better and have better capacitance specs and aren't a law suit happy bully. They have the same lifetime warranty too. I really don't like Monster.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Meh. Mogamis are built better and have better capacitance specs and aren't a law suit happy bully. They have the same lifetime warranty too. I really don't like Monster.

Thank you again, I'll buy some Mogamis then.

Thread end.