I have a Jazz Bass with a bad case of the hum and stuff and I've been searching that the best solution is to cover the inside of the bass with copper foil, the problem here in my country is that there is no copper foil, can you reccommend me a replacement for copper foil ? I know that abother way is to swap the pickups for noiseless pups but I like the tone of pups.
Aluminum foil is a great substitute for the copper foil.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I'd check to see if it isn't a ground problem first. Check the contact between the bare wire and the back of the bridge, as well as all of the solder contacts inside the bass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
copper+ epoxy?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by FatalGear41
I'd check to see if it isn't a ground problem first. Check the contact between the bare wire and the back of the bridge, as well as all of the solder contacts inside the bass.

what kind of problems should I see in the contacts (I'm pretty much a noob in this )
Quote by thegiaco2112
what kind of problems should I see in the contacts (I'm pretty much a noob in this )

Either connection that is loose or looks like this below.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by thegiaco2112

Look for broken or loose contacts, as well as tears or breaks in the plastic shielding wire. The ground is usually nothing but a bit of bare wire that touches the back of the bridge. It isn't soldered. If the wire is flattened out too much, it won't make contact with the bridge. Twist it to make it thicker so that it makes better contact. If the bridge is covered with something like black teflon, make sure that it has been scratched away where it touches the ground wire. If it isn't, the wire doesn't make proper contact with the metal and you don't get a good ground.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
^ Had that problem with my Lakland. Wrapped the wire around one of the bridge screws. Easy fix.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB