Page 1 of 2
I hate having do so when someone's talking to me, or for whatever reason. If I arrive somewhere while listening to music, I'll usually chill until the song I'm listening to is finished unless I'm running late (and hope its not prog). Pausing a song midway for me at least definitely takes away the momentum and ruins the moment and the tension that can only be built up. It doesn't feel the same when resumed from a random spot. I prefer to start the song over again if I'm forced to stop it. Thoughts?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I pause songs at the ends of beats or between progressions if I gotta pause 'em
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Pausing is so mainstream, I just turn it down and forget about it whilst leaving it playing.

Srs though if I'm into a song and actually focusing on the instruments and such then yeah it sucks.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Yeah I hate when someone starts talking to me during the best part of a song or somethin. Then I notice I'm on the next song and I'm like awww shit.

And I do the same thing in the car.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
i hate when i pause a song to check something out on youtube or something then after i'm done watching i forget to play the song again and it's like an hour before i realize.
Yes.

Also, I hate when I'm listening to an album or longer piece of music, not knowing my ipod is on shuffle, and when the track ends a track that SHOULDN'T GO THERE starts playing and it ruins the mood and sounds like someone has shat directly into my aural canal.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
yes. songs are best as one solid piece.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If I'm really trying to listen carefully, I'll go back to the beginning, but if I'm just playing it in the background, I'll just turn the volume to 0 and leave it playing.
Only if it's during a tension building section
Check out my band Disturbed
I usually bump it back to the beginning.

Doesn't break my heart though.
I either pause it at the end of a section like a chorus or verse, or just put it back to the begining/ start of next track
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
The worst is if you're sat on your own somewhere with headphones in (I'd get it all the time during breaks in college where I'd sit at a computer and go on youtube) and someone just rolls up and pulls your headphones off to talk to you. It's like...yah cheers. Not only did you break the atmosphere of the song...I now have to either restart it or rewind it..but I can't be bothered to do that because I've already listened to it once.
You've now just ruined my song. Asshat.
argh
It depends how "into it" I am. If it is boring, then no. If it is something I find myself tapping my foot to, pausing it will ruin it.

Quote by SkepsisMetal
The worst is if you're sat on your own somewhere with headphones in (I'd get it all the time during breaks in college where I'd sit at a computer and go on youtube) and someone just rolls up and pulls your headphones off to talk to you. It's like...yah cheers. Not only did you break the atmosphere of the song...I now have to either restart it or rewind it..but I can't be bothered to do that because I've already listened to it once.
You've now just ruined my song. Asshat.
argh

People actually do that?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yes. I even hate pausing albums.

your user name
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Sep 3, 2011,
yes. the first time i listened to Sleep's Dopesmoker album, which is basically just one long song, i had to pee 28 minutes in, but i didn't want to pause in the middle so i held it for the other 33 minutes of the song.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Partly yes. I prefer the song and if possible the album to run in one "run".
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Yeah, I hate this so much. I can't not start the song again, but if I do it makes the play count uneven and then I have to listen to all the other songs to make it even and I don't like being forced to listen to something.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Yeah, I hate this so much. I can't not start the song again, but if I do it makes the play count uneven and then I have to listen to all the other songs to make it even and I don't like being forced to listen to something.

Thank God I'm not the only person that does this. I've actually hidden the play count on my iTunes so it wouldn't drive me up the wall. But I still know sometimes.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by whalepudding
Yes.

Also, I hate when I'm listening to an album or longer piece of music, not knowing my ipod is on shuffle, and when the track ends a track that SHOULDN'T GO THERE starts playing and it ruins the mood and sounds like someone has shat directly into my aural canal.

This x1000000000000000000000

I hate listening to mellow music and then something upbeat comes on.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yes! It just ruins the atmosphere,and just the feel of the song.
Plus going from listening to some awesome music to listening to some retard speak sucks.
Quote by PeZ546
Damn. I love Austria, it's my favourite place in the world, but they seriously need to nip this 'imprisoning girls in sex-dungeons' thing in the bud..
Quote by MAC2322
Thank God I'm not the only person that does this. I've actually hidden the play count on my iTunes so it wouldn't drive me up the wall. But I still know sometimes.

This, except I can't hide it. I KNOW THE NUMBERS ARE UNEVEN.

Only exceptions are songs I play guitar to, so the rest of the album will have 6 plays while the song I know on guitar has like 30, THAT doesn't bother me as much. However if one song is played once above everything else, I just go FUUUUUUUUUU-.
Aye, pausing a song ruins the flow n shit.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Semirelated: Sometimes I'll have one or two lines of a song stuck in my head all day at school, then I'll get in my car to go home and realize that they were the lines that were about to play when I paused the CD. It's a weird feeling.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Yes I hate it. I have to start a song over when that happens. That's why when people talk to me while I'm listening to music, I just take out one headphone.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by MAC2322

It's so annoying when the first few songs of an album have one more play than the songs at the end of the album because I never get to the end.
cat
Quote by MAC2322

The play counts for the songs on By The Way by the chili peppers, in order, are as follows:
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
I hear you man, drives me NUTS when people just stop a song. It actually feels ruder than interrupting someone's sentence.

The best solution I've found is wait until one of the choruses, or solos, and manually fade out.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by MetallicSka
The play counts for the songs on By The Way by the chili peppers, in order, are as follows:

You really like Dosed and Don't Forget Me?
usually i restart it depending on how long it has been paused
GENERIC SIGNATURE
When your listening to a song and you skip a minute of it. Stupid touchs screens.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Jesiff
You really like Dosed and Don't Forget Me?

Do you have a problem with Dosed?
cat
Page 1 of 2