so i got my rogue out for the first time since i bought my alvarez, and when i started playing it was like i missed it. the tone was something that although not as deep as my alvarez it still was great on the ears. my problem is the the higher frets are eaten to the point of nasty buzzing. so i was wondering if there are any basses that might give me a similar tone, plus a little more low end. its a pj pup configuration if that plays into the tone alot. i wont get another rogue because of the horror stories of buying them new (i got mine from a pawn shop)
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
There are dozens of good basses with a P/J pickup arrangement out there that will give you what you seek. How much are you looking to spend? Are you willing to go used? Is there any brand or style that you definitely want to avoid?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i do want a more classic styling and my budget is 300US$ or less. and used is all i own so thats fine
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Other P/J options in your budget:

-Squier VM Jaguar (passive, active and passive-shortscale)

-Yamaha BB series

-Ibanez SR series

In the long run, it really is probably a better idea to buy a new bass than deal with the problems on yours. Since you won't make anything off of your Rogue... use it to mod, or take a apart to learn the workings of a bass. Things get better all around when you're able to work on, mod, and upgrade things yourself.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."