Suicide
10 13%
Doesn't matter Material things mean nothing
24 30%
I can't lose everything because I have nothing
14 18%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
Like say your house burnt down and you lost all your worldly possessions?

Everything, all your clothes, all your music, your gear, your computer, your bed, everything,

Oh and no insurance wont let you claim it.
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Last edited by reggaebassman at Aug 29, 2011,
There should be an option to "Man up and Deal with it."
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Move in shamelessly back into my angry and retired parents house while hiding from people, not having a job, and not going to school.

LOL like I do now!
Pretty much everything could burn into oblivion and I could move on without much grief, so long as I my laptop is ok. I've too much of my livelihood on this machine. Otherwise, I would sit there and cry for a bit, then go rob a bank and buy a better laptop.
Obviously it would suck major wang.

But honestly, there would be a little part of me that was relieved. You would have a fresh slate. A new you would certainly develop. Also, you would have a new outlook on possessions and life.
Take it the **** back.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

if i had to start over (again) id just deal with it proabably move in with my uncle for a bit till i get back on my feet and land a job(asuming i also lost my job)

although the fact that im startgin college in a couple days might make it very difficult but you gotta do what you gotta do

edit: there really should be a deal with it option
Last edited by supersac at Aug 29, 2011,
**** possessions, I wish my room would burn down. I worked for most of my shit, but I hate having it. I wouldn't give it away, but if I lost it in a fire then I would just enjoy the zen of an empty room.

I wouldn't be saying this if I was 30 but yeah.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
I would go live with a relative, continue my job or get another job or two to make extra money. Go buy a cheap acoustic Fender, play on street corners, make a little bit doing what I have a passion for. Which is playing guitar, and just have to deal with it and how it happened
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Rape and kill things?

Sounds like the logical option.

If you got a trike and it burned in front of your eyes, how would you respond?
I'd get mad, but then I'd suck it up and start over again. Not like I have a lot to begin with, anyway.

Edit: This would actually be a perfect opportunity to become a Budhist monk, except for the whole reincarnation thing which I can't quite accept without sufficient evidence.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Aug 29, 2011,
Start some sort of club where you fight and occasionaly blow up buildings
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

That's called a rebellion

EDIT:
Or being drunk.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

go around from town to town solving mysteries
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Last edited by Harvey Swick at Aug 29, 2011,
I can deal with material losses pretty well by now, I'd say. The only material things I've ever been attached to in any way are my instruments, and you can always buy new instruments.

Really, if I lost everything, it'd set me back about 1400 Euros, at most.
I'd take it as a sign, borrow money off relatives then go and build myself a log cabin miles away from civilisation.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Brownerz
There should be an option to "Man up and Deal with it."

This ^

It's probably the most obvious option. When you fall over and hurt your knee as a child, what do you do? You get back up again of course. When you split up with your first girlfriend (or boyfriend) what do you do? You get over it and eventualy find love somewhere else of course. When you're practicing with a band and the song you're playing isn't going right, what do you do? Figure out where it's going wrong and start again of course.

Life is full of hiccups, some small, some large, and when they happen all you need to do is deal with them, dust yourself off, and start again.

I've had a couple of moments in my life where I've pretty much 'lost everything', yes it's upsetting at the time, but like anything else you get over it. You realise it's just 'stuff' and that it can all be replaced. Infact it can be quite a refreshing experience to rebuild your life from scratch.
Quote by Kensai

The first rule man! We do not talk about it
Wouldn't mind some change at all actually, so I would be fine. Just move in with a friend or something. It's not like I have that many things anyway...
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This ^

It's probably the most obvious option. When you fall over and hurt your knee as a child, what do you do? You get back up again of course. When you split up with your first girlfriend (or boyfriend) what do you do? You get over it and eventualy find love somewhere else of course. When you're practicing with a band and the song you're playing isn't going right, what do you do? Figure out where it's going wrong and start again of course.

Life is full of hiccups, some small, some large, and when they happen all you need to do is deal with them, dust yourself off, and start again.

I've had a couple of moments in my life where I've pretty much 'lost everything', yes it's upsetting at the time, but like anything else you get over it. You realise it's just 'stuff' and that it can all be replaced. Infact it can be quite a refreshing experience to rebuild your life from scratch.

Honestly, I'd probably join the army or something that I didn't have the balls to do originally because I had too much to lose. Yeah, I'm materialistic like that.
One of the shittiest polls I've seen. . Where's the 'Slowly start to rebuild your life, like a normal human being' answer?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Page 1 of 2