http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRHurqWql4

Best example is after about 0:52, i know he plays a jazz bass through an ampeg something or other...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/pugwall/DSC_1046.jpg - Manged to get hold of a picture of his pedal board too...

Im pretty useless when it comes tot his but could anyone give me any pointers to getting a tone like this with my EQ and a Boss ODB-1? Any help greatly apreciated
You need lots of stickers and duct tape to get that tone.

/sarcasm

Electro Harmonix Bass Microsynth it looks like. Plus various overdrives. Copy those settings on that pedal first and then add other crazy shit.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
The only pedal i can manage to work out the settings on is the micro synth, and unfortunately... i dont have one of those
sounds like it's mostly the Microsynth... but any synth pedal compatible with an expression pedal would do the trick. If you're really keen on it, get the Behringer Bass Synth, it's only about 40-50$ and it's decent!!
Anyways, just use a square wave while palm-muting the notes (to make them shorter) then gradually open the filter with the exp. pedal! and on your amp, slightly cut off treble, boost near 100Hz... basically just play around with your EQ.
Gear:
Peavey Cirrus BXP 4 w/ Rotosound strings
Hartke 3500 head w/ Hartke 4x10 cab

Pedals:
Boss OC-3
EHX Bass Big Muff
MXR Blowtorch
Boss DS-1 (actually sounds awesome on bass!)
Behringer Bass Synth
Boss GE-7
Behringer Wah
I had never heard this band until now, they sound amazing! Just downloaded one of their albums and can't stop listening. Would you recommend any other bands with this sound?
Oh & as for the tone, you should try a bass big muff or el grande bass fuzz!
Castrovalva are brilliant! My friends band supported them a few times, as for other bands give KONG a listen, they are similar ish Also Chicken Hawk are of a similar genre i think...

Im stuck with my ODB for now but i'll see what i can do
Yo! Glad people are liking the tones!

The whole song has a 1oct up harmony from the whammy and then it's just that with two stacked distortion pedals, I was using that into the ampeg svt vr at the time but I've gone back to Solid state everything, no micro synth on this one.

That synth broke on me at a gig in Manchester ages ago so I moved on to a few others, settled on a markbass now.

My boar is totally different now if you wanna see
Haha! I forgot about this thread complexly! You have killer tone man! Could you post a picture of your rig or pedal board or something? I'd love to try and get something similar
Here's a more recent shot of the board,

http://pbckt.com/pd.JNO292

This all runs into a Pearce Bc1 preamp (tone heaven) and into an orange bass terror (just used as a poweramp)

And for cabs, live now I use a matamp 410 loaded with celestions and two matamp 1x12s for practice.

All now played with my custom shuker bass, two single coil pickups but mostly run in series for a heftier tone more reminiscent of a p bass.

Thinking of getting a custom pedalboard made up with a rack space on there to have
My preamp at my feet!

POW
Sounds pretty sweet! I have no idea what most of those pedals do but im sure you're making good use of them! I'll have a look into those pre-amps, sounds like you recommend it You should wack a picture of this custom bass on here, or twitter.. I'd love to see it
I totally recommend them! I have two at the moment and I'd buy more if I found any! The company went bust in the early 90s and they're pretty hard to come by, got some sweet overdrive on them
I dunno, man. But I'm breaking things in my house to this song. Awesome. Great post.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRHurqWql4

Best example is after about 0:52, i know he plays a jazz bass through an ampeg something or other...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/pugwall/DSC_1046.jpg - Manged to get hold of a picture of his pedal board too...

Im pretty useless when it comes tot his but could anyone give me any pointers to getting a tone like this with my EQ and a Boss ODB-1? Any help greatly apreciated

crack your speaker
Sorry to drag this back up, but I got interviewed by a blog about bass gear and effects and it goes into my pedalboard etc if you're sill interested

CHECK IT HERE
Last edited by Antvalva at May 12, 2012,
Quote by Antvalva
Sorry to drag this back up, but I got interviewed by a blog about bass gear and effects and it goes into my pedalboard etc if you're sill interested

CHECK IT HERE

A great interview and good use of effects. How do you achieve the dubstep wobble on Donut about 1:10 in?
We did it on a synth for the track, you can approximate it with certain synth pedals and filters though, something with an LFO in is good!
Thanks man, just wondered if you managed to create it with a combination of filters with the whammy. Your getting quite a lot of mention from people on this forum, good to see people getting involved and not being really secretive about their sound. Never thought of stacking my distortion on bass before.
That comes from stage position as much as anything doesn't it, but running stacked distortions won't help. Love the saturation though, nothing sounds quite like it.