Hey guys I'm in the market for a new steel string acoustic. My budget is about $AUD 4000. Could you please outline the major differences between

1. Taylors
2. Martins
3. Gibsons
4. Matons

As well as any other instruments you may deem worthy.
Model numbers would be great as well.
Thanks
-Nic
spinelss
not all taylors are the same as each other, nor are all martins or gibsons. while most taylors tend toward brightness, and martins are famous for more bass, both companies make guitars that don't fit the general mole. and gibson's j-45 has a bassy growl while their hummingbird is more midrangy. your best bet is to get yourself to some stores and play every guitar you can get your hands on. btw, don't forget cole clark guitars - the fat lady 1 and 2 are both really excellent guitars.

before buying, i suggest you figure out what size of guitar, nut width, neck profile and type of tone you like - and the only way to do that is to play lots of guitars and compare them.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I would really be looking into either the Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 or 2, or the Matons. The amount of mark up they put on import brands in Australia are horrendous. You basically pay double what we do.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.