Gday,

I would like to purchase the ibanez egen18, in the USA it is 2.5k from a few different stores that ive found. They cant ship it to Australia because it will breech their contract with Ibanez. In Australia, the cheapest ive found it is 4k. So I can fly to the USA and buy it there and it will still be cheaper than buying it here.

Anyway, surely there is a company that will charge a fee and purchase the guitar on my behalf from an online store in the US and ship it to me.

If anyone knows of one such facility, that would be great thanks.
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Find a store that will ship to Australia?

This

Or buy it and organize a worldwide courier to deliver it.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Yeah, try sweetwater. Else maybe price usa. I've never tried them though
RIP Gooze

cats
Normally if a business ships internationally and uses paypal as payment method the goods are delivered fine.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Watch for shipping rates, I was going to buy a schechter from a USA store once, even after calling them (which isnt cheap) and trying to figure it all out the cheapest rate they'd give me was $250 just to ship it in a box.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
I imagine shipping a guitar is pretty expensive. My roommate sold a guitar on ebay. UPS wanted to charge like $200 to ship from Indiana to New York (see a map if not from USA).
^ Serious? If that wasnt overnight shipping or something thats crazy!

International shipping is dependent on weight and time, but i checked the weight category and couldve gotten it for $100 shipping which was reasonable, i believe.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by FireHawk
I imagine shipping a guitar is pretty expensive. My roommate sold a guitar on ebay. UPS wanted to charge like $200 to ship from Indiana to New York (see a map if not from USA).

I got a 65 pound amp with three day shipping for $15 from Maryland to Illinois
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
carrier pigeon...............................or the internets
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
If you do fly over there there will be taxes and stuff when you get to Australia, plus cost of flight (which is one of the most expensive flights you can do). I don't know, it seems like it wouldn't be worth it. Because sails tax in the us will be somewhere between 160 and 200 so that puts you at 2.7 K then Australia's taxes for bringing in foreign exports. Then you have the cost of the trip.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Aussie_skater
Watch for shipping rates, I was going to buy a schechter from a USA store once, even after calling them (which isnt cheap) and trying to figure it all out the cheapest rate they'd give me was $250 just to ship it in a box.

It fluctuates. Sebastian 96 bought an SG on Ebay in the US and had it sent to my house, I gave him the quote on what shipping would be and then later on it turned out to be quite a bit more. Most of it comes from customs, though. If the guitar is valued over a grand, they're going to try to charge you more. The seller didn't want to send it to Australia because it's such a pain in the ass. He called me numerous times to make sure I wasn't getting scammed, which was nice of him. It's definitely not something I wanna do again.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 29, 2011,
You could just keep an eye out for a Jem7V - they're similar guitars and might be easier to obtain in Australia
Last edited by LRCGUITAR at Aug 29, 2011,
Shipping is expensive as ****. It costs like $350 to ship a guitar from teh USA to Iceland.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 29, 2011,
When I bought my guitars off eBay, shipping was 150-200 USD. Which is nothing in comparison to how much you save just by buying from overseas.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer