Hi guys

I starting to get the feeling that less and less guitarists are learning music theory. Im starting up a heavy metal band but all the guitarists i audition seem to know abosolutely no music theory and they all seem to play in dropped tunings such as Drop C and Drop B.

Even though its a heavy metal band, i want to play quite technical music with lots of melodies, harmonies, guitar solos, key changes, time changes etc like bands such as iron maiden and rush. But all the guitarists that i have worked with only listen to bands such as slipknot and korn. The last guitarist i auditioned didn't know who david gilmour or joe satirani was.

I feel that in a few years there will be very few mmetal guitrists left who know music theory.I struggle to find metal guitarists who know theory.

I generally blame bands such as slipknot and cannabal corpse who make atonal music just to jump around to when your drunk.

Just wondereing if anyone has ny opininos on this or has been in a similar situation
I took you seriously until:
I generally blame bands such as slipknot and cannabal corpse who make atonal music just to jump around to when your drunk.

At which point I reported you. Troll harder.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
A lot of guitarists only tend to learn songs by tabulature these days completely neglecting the theory side of it all. There are still plenty guitarists learning theory, there's just much more of those who don't.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3