Page 1 of 2
So after reading through a few threads, I noticed people bashing cheap guitars, and praising overpriced guitars...

It made me think. I just built a Warmoth. To me the guitar is priceless. It cost me about 1500$ total for ALL the parts including supplies to paint it such as an HVLP gun and compressor. Now, I know that 2nd hand Warmoth guitars don't go for very much at all. I'd be lucky to get half of what I put into this guitar if I sold it.

Then I see people bragging that their '88 fender will be worth more in 10 years than it is today.'

What the ****...? Are you guys a pawn shop or instrument dealer? Stop bashing people for the gear they have if they truly love it. I brought my guitar to the local guitar center and put it up against the PRS/Gibson/Fenders there and IMO along with some of the others in the store, mine was better soundwise and DEFINITELY playability-wise. I will admit, the finish on the brand name guitars was better. Hell, it was my first real finishing job on a guitar ever and I made mistakes. You can't see those mistakes from 2 feet away, but on close inspection you can definitely tell.

So, here goes. I tried at least 20 fender/gibson/prs guitars:

Finish - PRS, Gibson, Fender, Mine
Action - Mine, then generally in the order of PRS, Fender, Gibson
Sound- Mine, PRS, Gibson, Fender. Keep in mind, I play metal, and I have more suitable pickups than most of the guitars I played.

2 out of the 3 main areas I looked at and mine wins. My next guitar, is going to be a strat copy from warmoth and I will have them do the finish. So it is quite possible that my guitar will win all 3 categories then.

I know some of you have guitars that you spent less than 1500$ on that can compete with my guitar(my guitar is amazing but not the best I've seen). However, what I'm getting at is that too many people on here are such fanboys that they forget what the site is all about. When someone asks 'What guitar should I get' don't say 'x-brand sucks!!' you should simply say 'I prefer y-brand'. When someone gives you 3 guitars they are interested in getting, if you can't chose one of those 3 guitars... don't post please. I have found so much useless information on here from what looks like 12 year old boys with either too much money, or ideas that playing a certain brand is going to make you a better guitarist. If you fall into that click then you are an idiot.

My guitar is priceless. It cost me 1500$. I won't sell it. I know every millimeter of this guitar. I felt every curve as the sandpaper ran over it. My fingers were black and blue for a week after dying it without gloves. I gave myself headaches spraying Nitro without a mask. 20 years from now, provided the nitro doesn't have side effects from that one time... that guitar will still mean more to me than any gibson/fender/prs or whatever most people have.

I also have an ESP MH-300. I hate the color. Its see through black cherry. I hate the floyd rose. I prefer tune-o-matics. That guitar... sounds like shit. Has EMG-HZ pickups. It plays pretty damn good though. The guitar... it means a lot to me. My house burned down in 1998 and I lost an Ibanez RG570, so my mom bought this guitar to replace that one. My equipment has meaning to me and a lot of people on here feel the same way about their gear. Stop bashing people for using BC Rich bronze warlocks. Stop bashing people for using Line 6 spiders. Not all of us can afford the gear we WANT but we work with the gear that we HAVE. Initially I built my Warmoth, because I couldn't afford to drop 1500$ on a guitar all at once. Now I'm convinced I won't ever buy another brand.

So please, respect everyone on this site. Be positive and try to praise everyone since I'm pretty sure 100% of the people on here have once dreamed of being a rock star someday. Quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing so many negative responses on this site, I'm bordering not coming here anymore. I know... not really a loss for you guys... but seriously... this site could be so much better if the community was less of an egocentric prick.
Wait. Who's disrespecting who? If anything I see more hate on this site for expensive guitars (Gibson MIA Fenders) then I do the cheap ones.

You complain that people disrespect inexpensive guitars but at the same time you're bragging left and right that your guitar is better then this one or that one. Can we say opinion

I would also love to know which models of Gibsons, Fenders and PRS guitars you put yours against.

Also people go on about how much their guitars will be worth because guitars are in some respect an investment. Hell I've heard of people literally investing in these things cuz in 20 years tie they can send their kids to college from the sale of a limited edition Gibson or Fender.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 29, 2011,
I agree to a point.

Brands like Schecter and such get a lot of hate for overpricing, but it is kinda justified. As for people bragging about their guitars... it's their loss, because they care less about enjoying music and more about how much their guitar costs. However... maybe they are just happy about having such a nice guitar?

And nice one on your custom build: I've always wanted to build myself one. It's much more personal to you then
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 29, 2011,
Yeah this place is full of cattle.
What you really need is a new amp.
Everyone jumps on the bandwagon so fast.
You cant play teh br00tz witout bkp and 5150! Unpossible!
Most dont even look into what they bash, just bash it because of hear-say.
You play on a bc rich with a modelling amp?
But there are many that stray from the herd and give solid unbiased advice based on personal experiences with certain products. To these people:

/rant
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Aug 29, 2011,
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK. My first guitar was a cheap fender strat. Ive had it re-fretted and I bought new tuners, bridge, nut, and a kent armstong P-90. gave it a shittly b lue paint job with orange stripes to make it look flashy besause I like to get noticed and be outa the norm. It plays and sounds better than my band mates gibson and is way ore fun on stage cuz I dont havta worry about dinging or breaking it. Prolly wouldnt get more than $100 for it but honey badger dont care. I would never give this guitar up...EVER
Last edited by perszzac at Aug 29, 2011,
I put my guitar against every PRS that the guitar center had, and the Gibson/fenders were all 1K+. The point in trying to make is that people are bashing all this stuff and not respecting that the owner probably loves his gear. I'm not bashing any guitars. I still have my first guitar. A gladiator strat knockoff. I hate the guitar. It's modded to hell and back but I'm keeping it for obvious reasons. I just wished there was more positive input on the site. I'm sick of someone saying they want a certain guitar, and someone else tries getting then to buy a guitar that costs 25% more.
To be fair alot of times ppl are looking at crap guitars that look nice. We are doing them a favor by telling them to avoid certain things no matter how rude the responses may be. (example: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474980 )
I sure wish I had asked about my first 3 guitars. I got lucky with my ibby, but the 2 washburns I bought were horrendous. I've played better guitars in wal-mart.
wow what a hypocritical speach that was. so you built a guitar out of quality parts to your specs and for some reason you like it better than those "brand name" guitars. of course these guitars aren't likely set up to your liking to begin with but no mention of that. you're proud of your accomplishment and think it's better but then scold others for thinking their choice is "better" than others. if i spent all that money and put in the labor then i'd expect the results to equel those guitars at least as well. what's that got to do with "cheap" guitars? nothing.

oh and i guess i'm the guy that was "bragging" about his 88 strat. dude go back and look at that thread again. my reply was to a guy that was saying that some one like you was an idiot for spending all that money on a guitar. my point was that my strat will retain it's value and likely increase because it is a high quality guitar from a maker that has proven to be collectable. and for your information my strat is already selling for more these days than when it was new in 1988. this is a fact that is easily verified.

i don't disagree with the idea of live and let live and understand not everyone has piles of money to spend on guitars. neither do i, my other 2 guitars aren't high end at all.
There's nothing wrong with telling someone their gear won't get the sound they desire, and I'm sure as hell not going to let someone buy a Spider or cheap BC Rich/Dean if I can stop them.

I grew up with decent guitars, but crap gear to play through. Sentimental value doesn't make something play or sound good, so if someone told me my tone sucked, I wasn't going to get upset, it just gave me something to work towards, better gear!

It may seem that people are jumping on the bandwagon, and it may be true for the most part, but one thing is always true, sentimental value doesn't make a guitar play better or an amp sound better, so crap gear is still just crap in then end.
As people are clearly stating on this thread, there is little to no support for people on here. Everyone is so damned biased. I don't give a damn how much a guitar costs. If someone loves their guitar, and they come here to show ot off why can't you praise them, or stay out of the thread?

Christ. I could sound all day bashing guitars but really it doesn't help the community at all. Quite frankly no guitar to me is worth more after 23 years than the day it was new. That's just me. Clearly you think you are a hotshot for owning antiques.
I don't really see this bashing that you speak of. If someone like their guitar and tone, then more power to them. But if someone says they want to sound a certain way that is not realistic for a Line 6 Spider, then they will usually need a different amp.
Quote by syntheticocean
As people are clearly stating on this thread, there is little to no support for people on here. Everyone is so damned biased. I don't give a damn how much a guitar costs. If someone loves their guitar, and they come here to show ot off why can't you praise them, or stay out of the thread?

Christ. I could sound all day bashing guitars but really it doesn't help the community at all. Quite frankly no guitar to me is worth more after 23 years than the day it was new. That's just me. Clearly you think you are a hotshot for owning antiques.

clearly you can't accept an opinion that differs from your own. whether a guitar is worth more to you isn't the point at all now is it. their is a whole vintage market based on the fact that others do value older guitars. hotshot how the hell do you get that out of what i've said. i dare you to find one single thread where i say how much better my guitar is than anyone elses, just one c'mon. the thread you keep refering to is from a guy that clearly states that anyone (even you) who spends real money on a guitar is a fool because his cheapie sounds just as good or better. now since you spent $1500 i'm guessing you don't agree that his $200 will sound just as good or better (considering all the bragging you've done about it being better than name brand guitars going for $1500-2000).

now if you had taken the time to see what i'm about on these boards (which you haven't) you'd see that i don't bash and try to give good advice. as mentioned by someone else i can't give advice based on how much someone "loves" their guitar, amp etc. it it's not up to the task being inquired about then that needs to be said. i also don't tell people that they have to spend tons of money as that isn't helpful. by the same tokeni can't tell a guy that a squier bullet and an MG 10 is gonna make him sound just like jimi hendrix. sometimes what they want will cost real money and can't be done on the cheap. bad advice results in someone wasting their money and not getting what they want.
Quote by syntheticocean
I put my guitar against every PRS that the guitar center had, and the Gibson/fenders were all 1K+. The point in trying to make is that people are bashing all this stuff and not respecting that the owner probably loves his gear. I'm not bashing any guitars. I still have my first guitar. A gladiator strat knockoff. I hate the guitar. It's modded to hell and back but I'm keeping it for obvious reasons. I just wished there was more positive input on the site. I'm sick of someone saying they want a certain guitar, and someone else tries getting then to buy a guitar that costs 25% more.

Firstly you leave out how these guitars were set up. I doubt they were. Then you say that you put your 1,500 dollar guitar against guitars that are 1k+ this screams shenanigans to me.

Obviously you're going to be biased about YOUR guitar, that YOU built with YOUR own hands. See a pattern here?
What you were doing is bashing. "Oh my home made guitar plays better then a Gibson, PRS and Fender huff huff huff"

If someone is looking at an ebay POS guitar from some no name maker, that we know is garbage then we will point that person in another direction, , since we don't want that person to get burned with a garbage guitar, then possibly turn them off from playing. Oh and take a look at the bass forum, most people in there suggest Squiers as first, or even intermediate guitars.
Quote by FatalGear41

...........................So?

You prefer the guitar you built? Holy shit.

you may also get along with this guy... http://www.edroman.com/

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Alucard817
Firstly you leave out how these guitars were set up. I doubt they were. Then you say that you put your 1,500 dollar guitar against guitars that are 1k+ this screams shenanigans to me.

If someone is looking at an ebay POS guitar from some no name maker, that we know is garbage then we will point that person in another direction, , since we don't want that person to get burned with a garbage guitar, then possibly turn them off from playing. Oh and take a look at the bass forum, most people in there suggest Squiers as first, or even intermediate guitars.

First, I left out how those guitars were set up because they were PRS/Gibsons mainly and there is simply no excuse to sell a guitar for 2500$+ and NOT set it up.

As for some POS ebay guitar blah blah I understand. What I notice, is that people, with experience will pick out say... a schecter... for 700$... some fanboy comes along and says 'schecter sucks, get this ESP LTD... its only 150$ more...'

This has little to nothing to do with me preferring my guitar that I built.

I've seen so many 'If you like that guitar, you should really try this guitar' threads out there basically stating that 'hey... your guitar is worse than this guitar' or "Don't get a new guitar, get a new amp" when the TS wanted a guitar and not an amp. That shit is stupid and only makes you look like a prick.

I mean, look at the anger you guys have here. Raging like hormonal schoolgirls simply because you don't like MY opinion. I started my own thread here to make a statement and you guys are crapping yourselves because you disagree and you feel that I need to conform to your expectations. Hell, none of you HAD to post... You've got all this frustration built up and you need to vent like Chris Crocker on the internet.

All I am saying... if someone likes their guitar... don't bash them for it. I see a good number of posts here that are NOT supportive. When I was growing up I was shown by friends that my guitar didn't matter. One of my friends picked up my pawn shop Gladiator and made it sound like a 1000$ guitar. Some of the posts on here aren't HELPING people. They aren't ENCOURAGING beginners. I understand that sometimes you guys are trying to save them the hassle of buying a crap guitar... but at the same time some of you guys are being complete dicks when someone buys a decent guitar that you simply don't like.
Actually $2k might not be setup for a number of reasons, but hey ho. even setup guitars can feel like shit if not done to the individuals preference, making your point invalid.

We dont.

there is actually a rather large number of people who only try to recommend the best for the TS depending on their budget.

If somebody buys a dencet guitar that I dont like, I dont comment, but your post is retarded hence my comment.

As for some POS ebay guitar blah blah I understand. What I notice, is that people, with experience will pick out say... a schecter... for 700$... some fanboy comes along and says 'schecter sucks, get this ESP LTD... its only 150$ more...'

But they do....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Aug 29, 2011,
Since my stint here at UG, I have gotten some very helpful advice, and belive I have helped a few aswell. But I have learned that alot of members are very frank about answers. Am I goning to suggest a Squier Tele or a Used Fender? the Fender It may not be new, but is of much higher quality.

If you want a certain tone and the gear you have is lacking, but you want a new guitar, by all means get the guitar if you want. But if you are asking if that guitar will give you that tone, no you need an amp.

Yes many are Bashers on here, and all of us do it from time to time (^^see your post).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Tom 1.0
But they do....

I agree entirely on the Schecter aspect. I have yet to play one that competes with even my $400 RGA42FM.

its not so much that people recommend other stuff. Its that they come into a thread with so much anger as to flat out attempt to crush a brand and make that person never want to even look at one of their guitars again.
I dont think anger is the right word, but I think that alot of people on this site are just lacking in tact

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
First rule....don't ask a question if you might not like the answer. Second rule, refer to 1st rule.
Bashing is done on both sides by the way. Yes to dis someones less expensive instrument is done too often and in truth feel & playability can be found in inexpensive instruments. It's also incorrect to say if someone prefers a more expensive instrument they are wrong or foolish to spend the money (reverse bashing) this also happens far too often.
People are proud of their instruments and that's cool. Guitars have different prices for a reason and it's not just the name on the headstock as some uninformed, inexperienced, sour grape types blindly parrot.
Better materials and more expensive labour or operating environment equates to a more expensive instrument. That's the end of it though as some may simply not appreciate the differences. This is why some are perfectly content with inexpensive guitars!
Live and let live I say.
Moving on.....
Quote by syntheticocean
First, I left out how those guitars were set up because they were PRS/Gibsons mainly and there is simply no excuse to sell a guitar for 2500$+ and NOT set it up.

This point is moot simply because A) There are too many variables that go into a set up, hell if the guitar isn't set up to your specific wants then it will not play as good as you think it should. B) humidity and temperature wreak havoc on many guitars set ups, especially here in the south east.

Quote by syntheticocean

You also have to take into account that these fanboys are typically 13 year olds. People will suggest another guitar if they think it's better value for the cash, but Rarely will someone say a guitar sucks.

Quote by syntheticocean
This has little to nothing to do with me preferring my guitar that I built.

Could have fooled me, you only went on about your guitar for two paragraphs.

Quote by syntheticocean
I've seen so many 'If you like that guitar, you should really try this guitar' threads out there basically stating that 'hey... your guitar is worse than this guitar'

Again people suggest similar guitars. Just like someone who would want a PRS, someone might suggest a LTD, not because they think it's better but because it's similar.
Quote by syntheticocean
or "Don't get a new guitar, get a new amp" when the TS wanted a guitar and not an amp. That shit is stupid and only makes you look like a prick.

No. and no. When someone has a low quality amp the guitar will sound low quality, no matter what you play on it, be it a B.C. Rich or a Gibson. Most people will suggest a new amp when the TS would really benefit from it. Say for example a Les Paul on a 10 watt Spider. There is no way a Les Pauls true tone will come through on a spider, so one might suggest a midrange Marshall so that when the TS gets a better guitar it will sound like a better guitar.
Take my amp for instance. Peavey Vypyr 15. Yeah it's a decent amp, works for me, but if I were to buy something like your guitar, do you think I would want to play on a crappy 15watt Vypyr? hell no! I would first get a nicer amp so that the guitars nuances could ring through.
Quote by syntheticocean
I mean, look at the anger you guys have here. Raging like hormonal schoolgirls simply because you don't like MY opinion. I started my own thread here to make a statement and you guys are crapping yourselves because you disagree and you feel that I need to conform to your expectations. Hell, none of you HAD to post... You've got all this frustration built up and you need to vent like Chris Crocker on the internet.

No anger here, You're just paranoid. Here we go again with you falling back on the "opinion" argument. Okay so why can't you come to grips with other peoples opinions?
Just like that fanboy who says "Squiers suck". Guess what that too in an opinion. So essentially you're complaining about other peoples opinions who don't match your opinion. Sound familiar?

Quote by syntheticocean
All I am saying... if someone likes their guitar... don't bash them for it. I see a good number of posts here that are NOT supportive.

Where are these posts you speak of?
Quote by syntheticocean
Some of the posts on here aren't HELPING people. They aren't ENCOURAGING beginners.

Those are called trolls, and many of us, call them out on it as well. Come to think about it. I don't see you posting helpful advice for the newbies either.
Quote by syntheticocean
I understand that sometimes you guys are trying to save them the hassle of buying a crap guitar... but at the same time some of you guys are being complete dicks when someone buys a decent guitar that you simply don't like.

Again, where are these posts my friend? If anything I see people say "not my thing but HNGD" Never have I seen anyone say "Oh your Telecaster sucks man. Why did you get that?"

As I said before I think you don't like differing opinions, I really don't. None of us have been hostile towards you, yet you think were raging because we disagree with you.
Quote by FatalGear41

Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 29, 2011,
Quote by Alucard817
This point is moot simply because A) There are too many variables that go into a set up, hell if the guitar isn't set up to your specific wants then it will not play as good as you think it should. B) humidity and temperature wreak havoc on many guitars set ups, especially here in the south east.

I understand. Explain the PRS Custom 24 with RANDOM buzzing frets being sold for 3,000$ that I played? No excuse. OPEN low E buzzed. Fretted at 12 it did not. Open High E did NOT buzz. Fretted at the 12th fret it did. The other 4 strings... buzzed in random spots. Except for the B string. That one was fine. No buzzing ~3/64" action @12th.
I have never seen fret buzz on a new PRS ever, that is one of the best things they do.
I wont bash here, But I have had many guitar techs tell me they have no idea how my PRS has no fret buzz because the action is so low........I have never changed the set up from the factory( its almost 10 yrs old now). But I also have a G-400 that some people say has higher action, but that guitar with that set up is awesome.
Diffrent strokes for diff folks.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by syntheticocean
So after reading through a few threads, I noticed people bashing cheap guitars, and praising overpriced guitars...

It made me think. I just built a Warmoth. To me the guitar is priceless. It cost me about 1500$ total for ALL the parts including supplies to paint it such as an HVLP gun and compressor. Now, I know that 2nd hand Warmoth guitars don't go for very much at all. I'd be lucky to get half of what I put into this guitar if I sold it.

Then I see people bragging that their '88 fender will be worth more in 10 years than it is today.'

What the ****...? Are you guys a pawn shop or instrument dealer? Stop bashing people for the gear they have if they truly love it. I brought my guitar to the local guitar center and put it up against the PRS/Gibson/Fenders there and IMO along with some of the others in the store, mine was better soundwise and DEFINITELY playability-wise. I will admit, the finish on the brand name guitars was better. Hell, it was my first real finishing job on a guitar ever and I made mistakes. You can't see those mistakes from 2 feet away, but on close inspection you can definitely tell.

So, here goes. I tried at least 20 fender/gibson/prs guitars:

Finish - PRS, Gibson, Fender, Mine
Action - Mine, then generally in the order of PRS, Fender, Gibson
Sound- Mine, PRS, Gibson, Fender. Keep in mind, I play metal, and I have more suitable pickups than most of the guitars I played.

2 out of the 3 main areas I looked at and mine wins. My next guitar, is going to be a strat copy from warmoth and I will have them do the finish. So it is quite possible that my guitar will win all 3 categories then.

I know some of you have guitars that you spent less than 1500$ on that can compete with my guitar(my guitar is amazing but not the best I've seen). However, what I'm getting at is that too many people on here are such fanboys that they forget what the site is all about. When someone asks 'What guitar should I get' don't say 'x-brand sucks!!' you should simply say 'I prefer y-brand'. When someone gives you 3 guitars they are interested in getting, if you can't chose one of those 3 guitars... don't post please. I have found so much useless information on here from what looks like 12 year old boys with either too much money, or ideas that playing a certain brand is going to make you a better guitarist. If you fall into that click then you are an idiot.

My guitar is priceless. It cost me 1500$. I won't sell it. I know every millimeter of this guitar. I felt every curve as the sandpaper ran over it. My fingers were black and blue for a week after dying it without gloves. I gave myself headaches spraying Nitro without a mask. 20 years from now, provided the nitro doesn't have side effects from that one time... that guitar will still mean more to me than any gibson/fender/prs or whatever most people have.

I also have an ESP MH-300. I hate the color. Its see through black cherry. I hate the floyd rose. I prefer tune-o-matics. That guitar... sounds like shit. Has EMG-HZ pickups. It plays pretty damn good though. The guitar... it means a lot to me. My house burned down in 1998 and I lost an Ibanez RG570, so my mom bought this guitar to replace that one. My equipment has meaning to me and a lot of people on here feel the same way about their gear. Stop bashing people for using BC Rich bronze warlocks. Stop bashing people for using Line 6 spiders. Not all of us can afford the gear we WANT but we work with the gear that we HAVE. Initially I built my Warmoth, because I couldn't afford to drop 1500$ on a guitar all at once. Now I'm convinced I won't ever buy another brand.

So please, respect everyone on this site. Be positive and try to praise everyone since I'm pretty sure 100% of the people on here have once dreamed of being a rock star someday. Quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing so many negative responses on this site, I'm bordering not coming here anymore. I know... not really a loss for you guys... but seriously... this site could be so much better if the community was less of an egocentric prick.

ya but what amp?

I love my guitar, havn't posted what it is because it isn't liked (B.C. Rich) and I have to say it looks better than it sounds. The people here give good advice, they don't bash.

My squier strat feels great and is the most comfortable guitar I've played but I know it'll never be as good as say, a Fender or Gibson. If I can't find a guitar which comforts me then yes, I will result to upgrading I guitar I have, like you.

Also 'don't buy a new guitar, buy a new amp' is the best advice someone can give. I have my Warbeast and a horrific frontman 15G. I now know what I should have upgraded and it sure as hell isn't my guitar. And as stated above, the guitar wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I need to take it in for it to be setup again, if I'd asked and been told 'it'll be terrible, buy a new amp first and look at x guitar' I'd be a lot happier than now.

Don't get in a mood because you can't tell opinion and advice from flaming.
Quote by syntheticocean
I understand. Explain the PRS Custom 24 with RANDOM buzzing frets being sold for 3,000$ that I played? No excuse. OPEN low E buzzed. Fretted at 12 it did not. Open High E did NOT buzz. Fretted at the 12th fret it did. The other 4 strings... buzzed in random spots. Except for the B string. That one was fine. No buzzing ~3/64" action @12th.

well lets take your guitar and throw it in a box and then ship it across country. bet your perfect setup won't be so perfect after that either. do you really think that a place like guitar center is going to set up each guitar when they arrive? now at mine they have an in house tech who will tweak an expensive guitar if brought to his attention. i've played plenty of high end guitars at shops and rarely do i find one that has serious problems. personally i think you are nit picking to justify to yourself that your guitar is better. it may indeed be a fine guitar but dude get over yourself.
whatever you do.

do NOT get your guitar set up.

just take it off the shelf at the store and assume it's perfect for you.

because the guys that build it, they're clairvoyant.

that's how they all come.

i wouldn't dream of filing a nut, checking relief, adjusting pick ups, pole pieces, trems, bridges, intonation.

they do it perfect from the factory everytime.

it's just amazing.
Quote by syntheticocean

All of this can be attributed to a bad set up.
Your original point is still moot.
Quote by FatalGear41

I'll have to say my first Ibanez I bought on E-bay for $100 dollars. SOUNDED great. More expensive is NOT always better.
if you think your warmoth is god, thats fine with me. everybody has their opinion. not every opinion is biased, but yours sure seems to be.

and also keep in mind not all people buy a guitar to have for life (somewhere in you initial statement you said that), i have owned over 50 guitars in the last 8 years(if i looked hard enough i could find pics of at least 40 , i know i have had quite a few that i didn't have long enough to take a picture of.currently have probably around 14-16 electrics, 0 acoustics, and 6 classicals.

i buy sell and trade all the time. for me there is the thrill of the hunt when it comes to buying. i make money on everything i buy and resell except for maybe 10% of the time i may break even or lose a few bucks from using it for a while.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by bestguitarsolo
I'll have to say my first Ibanez I bought on E-bay for $100 dollars. SOUNDED great. More expensive is NOT always better.

Are you sure? Have you tried a jem, prestige or j-custom?

I bought a 100$ washburn off the wall. Sounded like crappy plywood with first act pups in it. Played like shit too. More expensive IS always better.

See? 2 opinions on opposite sides = bam. Nothing.
There will be great sounding cheap guitars and awful expensive ones. This thread is so very useless its not funny.

'Hey everyone whos got a wicked biased opinion, in here! I disagree!'
TS : "MY GUITAR IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER BRANDED GUITAR!!! HEAR HEAR!!!"

Then he goes on to saying how bashing other brands is stupid.

I shall go ahead and add a few words.

"people have their own preferences."

There's a reason why there are so many guitar companies & builders, and so many guitars built even within just one company. It's because everyone is different, and not everyone wants the same guitar. There's no such thing as a "PERFECT GUITAR". There is only a guitar thats "PERFECT FOR YOU".

You go on to bash that your guitar sounds loads better than PRS / Gibson. Were they custom made for you? Did you choose the woods, the pickups, the strings, the hardware? Was it set up to your liking?

I doubt it, as I'm sure all you did is take the guitar off the wall of your local store, and plug it in to a nearby amp. Which would then, AGAIN, change the sound of the guitar you have which you play at home with your own choice of amp, and different room acoustics.

In the end, its all personal preference. And to you, your Warmoth is "THE PERFECT GUITAR". Some of us like Ibanez. Some of us like Schecter. Some of us like them Ken Laurence's or custom shop ESP's.

DEAL WITH IT.
Ya know, there's a reason i like the regular forum posters here

There isn't very much hate going on here. I mean, obviously Tom 1.0 hates Schecters, and he makes a few valid points, so i respect his view. I've owned several myself and i enjoy playing them. too me, they are comfortable, suit my need and are affordable, especially on the used market. well, at least here in the States. UK prices are overpriced honestly

cwutididthere?

people can respect other's opinion, unless someone comes out with a blatantly retarded thread, like the guy with the BC rich and Ibanez Micro not too long ago. I respect you trying to put your guitar up against other big names but you went about it the wrong way, and honestly you seem a tad full of yourself at times. A little humbleness in these forums goes a long way
Last edited by shecter guy at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by syntheticocean

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Some are entirely biased, some are legit and objective. Try to separate one from the other.
Let these opinions serve as a guide to get your own opinion.

Even broad terms as 'good' and 'decent' are interchangeable depending on context.
There are €/$/£200 guitars that are decent guitars in general (compared to the whole available spectrum) but which are very good within the price range.

A value is based on many things. Intrinsic value (the cost to make an exact copy), brand value, collectible value, ...

But talking about an biased opinion, you are comparing your guitar which is perfectly set up to your preferences against some guitars hanging on a wall in a guitar centre.
Yours cost $1500 on parts alone. Now add all hours you invested in that guitar and multiply with the average labour cost. Add another average profit margin the guitar centre takes and compare now your guitar to a guitar with the value just calculated.
It probably will be a lot more than the guitars of $3000 you compared yours with.

No doubt you'll have an awesome guitar but you are comparing oranges with apples while in the mean time ranting about the biased opinions of others.
My hypocrisy sensor is going through the roof.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
I bet TS´s guitar does´nt even come close to a PRS in any way, $1500 for parts including a compressor and paint gun, should have left out those two in the price of parts.
Page 1 of 2