Hey guys I am now contemplating buying a half stack as an upgrade from my Peavey 6505+ combo 1'12, and I am looking into buying a marshall JCM 800 1989 head that I saw on craigslist, as I am looking for an early megadeth tone from Peace sells, but whos buying, and So far So Good So what!, would this amp suit this style of music well? well the head alone was going for $1200 I have no clue if this is an average price for these heads or not?

In addition I found out that only the reissue of JCM 800s have a FX loop, is there a reissue one that can give me that tone as I do use the FX loop in my Peavey and can't imagine using a head without it, as i use a ISP decimator G string, with an MXR 10 band EQ and I have a Boss SD-1 that i dont use and a new electro harmonix chorus pedal I bought the other day.

Does anyone have any other half stack suggestions I play in a melodic death metal band but I love playing thrash metal and am looking to start a thrash metal band. So any advice would be appreciated. Also is there any way I can use a half stack but have low volume coming from it for practicing at home, as i may be moving with my mother to a townhouse and im sure we will get complaints if any neighbours can hear my amp.

ENGLs look nice as well but i dont think its possible to get a nice old school 80s thrash tone from it. For my guitars I use a jackson RR24, an ESP SV standard and a Ibanez RG7321.

Any advice and help is much appreciate thanks guys!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Framus cobra
Framus dragon
Diamond spec op
Mesa/Boogie Single/Dual/Triple Recto
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
More advice please?
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
If you're looking for something on teh cheapz check out a Peavey Windsor - its based on the JCM 800 and is great for old thrash metal.

You might also want to look into a Peavey JSX/Triple X or maybe a Carvin V3 if you want something for melodic death metal.