I'm finally going to have enough money to get another guitar soon, and I've been doing a little research online to get an idea of what I might like to try out. I'm a sucker for an Explorer, so the Epiphone '58 Korina Explorer is on my list to at least try out if I can. I'm also interested in a few PRS SE guitars, particularly the Custom 24 and Singlecut trem models. I played an SE Custom 24 awhile ago when I was shopping for the guitar I have now, but honestly the only thing I remember is that the neck was really comfortable. I'm just looking to hear what others have experienced in general with either of the PRS models I'm interested in. How does it sound? How does it feel? How's the build quality? Etc. Pretty much anything you can share from personal experience would be helpful. Thanks!
I have a PRS SE Singlecut myself, bought it last year, its a great guitar, good build quality, feels and plays great, pickups are very good too, definatly for cleans, maybe a bit dissapointing for metal but still do a very good job.
Tone and feel is subjective, so someone else' opinion isn't going to matter a lot. The bottom line is, if it feels good, it's made to your standards, and the wood is the type of wood you want, you should get it. The SE line is made in Korea, so while it may be better than some Korean guitars out there, it's generally going to be at the same caliber as a Korean made Ibanez or Schecter. Upper fret access is probably about the same as well.

Play an Explorer for sure though, they can be kind of cumbersome and neck heavy, so they aren't for everyone.
I'm totally fine with swapping out pickups to suit my taste if necesary so that's cool with me. How is the wide/fat neck? Is it massive or just a little on the chunkier side?
the neck is a bit thicker than normal i think, im not sure, my other main guitar is an ibanez so that ones really thin, you just check it out sometime if you see it and try it out see if you like it, really depends on the player
I'm definitely not going to buy any guitar before I try it out. I did that with the ugitar I have now and got really lucky, because I love it. I don't wanna take the chance of getting a guitar I don't really like this time though. I was just looking to see what other people have experienced in general with them. In all honesty I'm taking any responses with a grain of salt, just to be safe.
yea ofcourse man everybody has different opinions on whats a good guitar or not, well good luck anyway trying everything out, Explorers are cool too man
Quote by jon.peebles
I'm totally fine with swapping out pickups to suit my taste if necesary so that's cool with me. How is the wide/fat neck? Is it massive or just a little on the chunkier side?

the wide fat neck isn't that fat really. it's meaty but not like a 50's gibby neck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
the wide fat neck isn't that fat really. it's meaty but not like a 50's gibby neck.

Any idea how much chunkier it is then Epiphone's SlimTaper neck (I believe it's pretty much the same as Gibson's Slim 60's profile)?
it's more C shaped whereas the slim taper is more D shaped imo. i have guitars with both and it's not as much of an adjustment as going to the thicker 50's style neck.

it's noticeable, but not something that's all that tough to adapt to imo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the wide fat on My PRS seems smaller than any gibson neck I have played.

EDIT : They are extremely comfy IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate