Hey there

i'm looking to get a new guitar, obviously
i currently have an LTD - ec1000 and there isn't anything wrong with it, it's a brilliant guitar for all styles of music as most of you probably know
I just want a guitar that can become my own creation, i've been looking into dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire pickups and possibly a set of BKP nailbombs/aftermaths maybe ? idk
I just spend so much time looking at high-end guitars i'm not very familiar with cheaper stuff
I found the kramer assualt the other day which looks to be decent for the price? something along those lines?
preferably below £300 please!
Quote by Tom 1.0
Chapman ML1.

+1

Alternatively (I.E if youcan't find a second hand ML1 since it was a limited run and is sold out), get something cheap by the likes of LTD, Ibanez or Jackson, smack in some new pickups, maybe some new tuners and a proper floyd if you buy a guitar with a cheap one, and you're good to go.

Or, you could get a chapman ML2 or wait and see how the ML3 turns out.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
i use a 90's esp horizon with a d sonic (bridge) and a '59 in the neck. it handles all tunings and gives you a warm, full lead tone and tight heavy distortion tone.. i also have a jap. jackson RR5 with blackouts. they are very hot pickups, they scram high gain with tight low end and thick mids. very nice pickups and its a neck through very nice guitar used. i also have an explorer with emgs its a very "metal" based guitar but you can have the nicest cleans with it too. so the field is open for you. imo pick a brand you like the bulk of their gear and find something a little different and new and just get different hardware that suit your liking.
Chapman ML2
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I will get hate for this but try a B.C Rich. If you can set the damn thing up then you can customize and look cool.
Quote by swatspeedman
I will get hate for this but try a B.C Rich. If you can set the damn thing up then you can customize and look cool.

Blasphemy!!

Meh. If it plays well, who cares? We've all heard the low end BC rich bashing but im certain theres a few quality instruments that slip through QC.

I'd go with a hello kitty strat, with custom hot pink paintjob, maple board and matching hello kitty inlays with pink binding. Also see if BKP can make some hot pink covers. That might be a bit too brootal for your needs unless you play doom metal or something.
look for one of the cheaper ibanez's with a pickguard IIRC RG350, RG370, i don't know much about them other than they are cheap and that they have the pickguard, which i would imagine you would have quite a few options. i would probaby swap/block the trem.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
look for one of the cheaper ibanez's with a pickguard IIRC RG350, RG370, i don't know much about them other than they are cheap and that they have the pickguard, which i would imagine you would have quite a few options. i would probaby swap/block the trem.

Rg350 has a pickguard. The new rg370 comes with the zr2 bridge not the edge 3 like the rg350. Both have inf pups, wizard 3 necks, basswood body, 3 peice bolt on maple necks, rosewood...etc.

Pretty well the same thing with a crappy trem and a pickguard. My edge 3 has held up great for me, but others seem displeased. With a pickup swap you've got a good metal/ shred ready cheapo guitar.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Rg350 has a pickguard. The new rg370 comes with the zr2 bridge not the edge 3 like the rg350. Both have inf pups, wizard 3 necks, basswood body, 3 peice bolt on maple necks, rosewood...etc.

Pretty well the same thing with a crappy trem and a pickguard. My edge 3 has held up great for me, but others seem displeased. With a pickup swap you've got a good metal/ shred ready cheapo guitar.

i mainly only mentioned those models due to the pickguard, and for indivuality what is easier change/ wow factor than a $30 pickguard.

i don't know much about ibanez's lower lines, and know the trems are junk, and their cheap pickups (like most other manufacturers cheap pickups) are terrible. but trem and pickups aside a RG350 would be great to indvidualize.

i guess if you are one of those people that likes flashy guitars, there are the old ibby 550's that come with neon everything and you could mixmatch crazy colors. thats not me though... lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A low-mid ranged Ibanez / LTD / Jackson with a hardtail. ( or Edge Zero - II on Ibanez )

Don't forget to check used. You could even find low end banged up Prestige Ibanez at your pricepoint. Ebay / craigslist is your friend.

I'll add a +1 on the BC Rich, tho I'd make sure to play it before buying it. I have the ASM 1 and its built pretty well for its price. I just have to swap out its crappy trem cuz I abused it. And its pickups that's pretty much fuzz universe even on a clean channel.
Last edited by Syriel at Aug 30, 2011,