Discuss. I keep hearing allusions to them but no details. The website is useless I need to know how they play/feel/sound. People seems to really like them. Which ones should I get? I like to keep a low action. Should mention i play mostly thrash and metal. Lot of power chords and low end stuff. But I do like to be able to solo when the mood strikes me. I have a hardtail.
Buy some and try them; stop caring what other people think and form your own opinions.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Buy some and try them; stop caring what other people think and form your own opinions.

Why would you even waste your time and mine posting here? I have to order them online and then pay shipping, It's a pain I'd rather not have unless they are decent strings.
Last edited by JoeRayClapton at Aug 29, 2011,
Not like it's a huge investment to try them out.

I have coated DR black beauties for bass. FWIW they aren't very bright sounding and playing with a pick wears the coating off pretty quick.

The tonal differences probably won't really be noticeable through metal distortion.
Quote by BlackVoid
Not like it's a huge investment to try them out.

I have coated DR black beauties for bass. FWIW they aren't very bright sounding and playing with a pick wears the coating off pretty quick.

The tonal differences probably won't really be noticeable through metal distortion.

Thanks.
yeah, i got the red devils n its so cool how they r colored. doesnt change the sound of the strings at all. they have at least 6 colors i think. they even got glowing neon orange, green, and pink ones which are cool but u need a black light to make em glow. the only downside is that the color comes off were u pick after a while put it really doesnt matter that much.
I love DR strings. I put Pure Blues on my hollowbody, and tite fits my other electics. They're the best strings i've ever played, but that is subjective to the player. You'll love them or hate them.
Quote by JoeRayClapton
Why would you even waste your time and mine posting here? I have to order them online and then pay shipping, It's a pain I'd rather not have unless they are decent strings.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Pure blues are great, the coated colored strings don't give you the same new string sound that you have for about a week when getting uncoated ones though.
BLANKBLANK