6 3%
Taste
59 26%
Smell
161 70%
Voters: 229.
Page 1 of 3
Which would it be and why?

Mine would be taste. I don't really get that much enjoyment out of food (I see it more as something I have to do; something to keep me going) and could eat purely-healthy food!

Anyway, how about you?
Quote by jetfuel495
Smell, I enjoy food way too much to give up taste.

Smell is a really big part of taste.

But I think my sense of temperature would be the sense I could go without.

>sees poll

> only five senses

>I don't wanna give up any of those.
Smell, my nose is plugged from allergies anyways so I don't smell anything to begin with.
Quote by jetfuel495
Smell, I enjoy food way too much to give up taste.

pretty sure you'll enjoy food a lot less without your olfactory senses.

still, i picked smelling too because it's just the least worrying.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Smell. I'd still be able to taste to a degree.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by blake1221
Smell is a really big part of taste.

But I think my sense of temperature would be the sense I could go without.

>sees poll

> only five senses

>I don't wanna give up any of those.

This is true. But if it was like just giving up the smelling and not the tasting, without a doubt.

Besides, not like I can smell anything half the time anyway
Quote by jetfuel495
This is true. But if it was like just giving up the smelling and not the tasting, without a doubt.

Besides, not like I can smell anything half the time anyway

when did you change my name in your sig?
Eh, I wouldn't mind losing my ESP
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Taste. Because I could smell if my food is bad even if I can't taste it. The other way around isn't practical.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
out of the 5 there, smell, but id rather not lose any senses thanks
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I would have gone with smell except i love the smell of rain soaked sand way too much. So, as with the TS, it will have to be taste as i do not especially enjoy eating food as most people do.
Smell definitely
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
either smell, or taste, so i could actually eat salad and the rest of that green shit
Quote by BloodCold
I would have gone with smell except i love the smell of rain soaked sand way too much. So, as with the TS, it will have to be taste as i do not especially enjoy eating food as most people do.
Taste, so that it wouldn't matter what the **** I ate. It would make eating healthier a hell of a lot easier.
Quote by blake1221

> only five senses

Yeah wtf TS?

Ok I guess I could go without my sense of smell. Cause if I can't smell the flowers, I'll just lick them
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 29, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
Oh, and lack of "The Sixth Sense" joke option annoys and infuriates me.

some 1 beat me to it...... kinda
taste because I'm a coward and the other senses can tell me if there is danger better.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
The first three are not even considerable. But between Smell and Taste I'm going to have to go with Taste;
The smell of coffee for example. Every time I smell coffee my only desire is to taste it. And you can easily avoid bad tastes however when someone farts in the elevator with you in it you can only rage to make the time pass quicker.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
don't believe everything you hear in kindergarden! we have far more than 5 senses.
I would say my sense of direction, but then I'd be no better than our female couterparts.

Edit: Actually, I'd still have one up on them. I can open jars
Taste. Losing the ability to sense sweet, sour, salty, or bitter when eating would be much less drastic than losing the ability to sense flavour which is due to the aroma of the food and thus falls under the sense of smell.

In addition, smell has profound psychological effects at the subconscious level. It picks up on pheromones and affects your physiology and state of mind (if you find yourself unusually attracted to a certain girl, more so than you normally would be, then she might be ovulating and giving off some sexy pheromones). The sense of smell is the strongest stimulator of emotion and memory out all the senses.
Smell. We've pretty much evolved to the point where our sense of smell is worthless anyway.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'd go for smell..simply because it's probably the least bad to go without.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by StewieSwan
Smell. We've pretty much evolved to the point where our sense of smell is worthless anyway.

what do you mean? don't we still need it for appetite and other recreational needs? i mean, hearing can also be seen as useless if do take into account the amount of deaf-aid things there are out there. the only thing keeping us wanting it are personal recreational needs like music. doesn't mean they're worthless.

(don't take that analogy too seriously)
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
what do you mean? don't we still need it for appetite and other recreational needs? i mean, hearing can also be seen as useless if do take into account the amount of deaf-aid things there are out there. the only thing keeping us wanting it are personal recreational needs like music. doesn't mean they're worthless.

(don't take that analogy too seriously)

Pretty much worthless. It's not essential to our survival like it would be to a wolf or a mole-rat.
Check out my band Disturbed
Smell. It's half gone already, I did some damage to my nose back in school.

Accidentally inhaled a ridiculous amount of ammonia, by sticking my head over a beaker of crystals of it and sniffing it to see what is was... Burnt like a bitch and I haven't been able to smell a lot since then.

I don't mind too much, but it is a bit dangerous sometimes. A housemate accidentally left our gas oven on and I couldn't smell it. Got to bad he could smell gas the second he walked through the living room!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Aug 29, 2011,
I was gonna go with smell, but I chose taste.

Without taste, i'd be able to eat the stuff I don't normally like and i'd end up being healthier. For example, I dont like tomato. But if I didn't have taste, I'd eat tomato.
pinga
Since the taste you experience has a lot to do with smell too, I'd loose taste. Might still be able to enjoy some food.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I'd loose pain, because it's one I don't take pleasure in.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Page 1 of 3