Alright, so i've never changed strings on an electric guitar before. When I put the strings in, and go to tune it, i get the strings in tune, but since the bridge is an Ibanez FAT10 Tremolo, the tension from the strings cause the bridge to bend upwards (as if a did a dive-bomb) and stays that way. If anyone can explain how to change the strings on that kind of bridge that would be nice...
i've got one of these and tbh they're kind of easy.

1. cut off old strings
2. put new strings in
3. tune up
*you've done this well so far*
4. if the bridge is raised (as it is) loosen the strings, then tighten the screws at the back a full turn (just the one)
5. tune up again, if the same happens, repeat step 4.

though warning: the strings will lose a bit of tension after a few days so you might need to loosen the screws to get the bridge back floating.

hope this helped, lemme know if you need more help.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
i've got one of these and tbh they're kind of easy.

1. cut off old strings
2. put new strings in
3. tune up
*you've done this well so far*
4. if the bridge is raised (as it is) loosen the strings, then tighten the screws at the back a full turn (just the one)
5. tune up again, if the same happens, repeat step 4.

though warning: the strings will lose a bit of tension after a few days so you might need to loosen the screws to get the bridge back floating.

hope this helped, lemme know if you need more help.

Ive done that multiple times, still does it...
Quote by Dempsey68
that's all possible FR variations, not FAT10

I realise, but I was hoping that understanding how such things work would help him figure out the problem.

Anyway, sounds like the screws in the back need tightening. What gauge did you put on?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I realise, but I was hoping that understanding how such things work would help him figure out the problem.

Anyway, sounds like the screws in the back need tightening. What gauge did you put on?

0.001 mm bigger than factory sizes, .046, .036, .026, .017, .013, .010
Last edited by sauce3696 at Aug 29, 2011,
Well, that would explain why you have to tighten the screws. Heavier strings = increased tension so you need tighter screws to counter it.
WTLTL 2011
im so damn tired of noobs buying a guitar with a floyd rose style bridge... first thing they do is go online and ask shit like this, like there isnt already tons of material on how to change the strings. Just look it up and read you lazy ****, jesus you pissed me off, it's not that ****ing complicated.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Quote by Jimmy Recard
im so damn tired of noobs buying a guitar with a floyd rose style bridge... first thing they do is go online and ask shit like this, like there isnt already tons of material on how to change the strings. Just look it up and read you lazy ****, jesus you pissed me off, it's not that ****ing complicated.

Hey **** head, i have looked online, i didnt buy it, and you can go **** yourself. sorry the entire world isnt as awesome as you you arrogant prick.
Goodness. Easy, fellas. It's just the internet.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by sauce3696
Hey **** head, i have looked online, i didnt buy it, and you can go **** yourself. sorry the entire world isnt as awesome as you you arrogant prick.

f*ck you man, how about you try to understand how a piece of steel attached to wood with springs on the back works before asking dumb shit like this, every dumbass buying a floyd rose is all like 'omg like wut do yu do with this omg plzz help', DAMNNNN. There's unlimited material on how to set up that bridge, but no, you need everything to b spoon fed to ur dumb ass.

and dont call me **** head, **** head.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Quote by Jimmy Recard
f*ck you man, how about you try to understand how a piece of steel attached to wood with springs on the back works before asking dumb shit like this, every dumbass buying a floyd rose is all like 'omg like wut do yu do with this omg plzz help', DAMNNNN. There's unlimited material on how to set up that bridge, but no, you need everything to b spoon fed to ur dumb ass.

and dont call me **** head, **** head.

**** head.
And maybe if you got a decent education and read my post, you would see it isnt a floyd rose dipshit, its a FAT 10. And im sorry im not as smart as your hillbilly-ass....
What a trainwreck of a thread. Now you BOTH get bans.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...