I'm wondering if there are any guitars that compare to MIM Fender guitars at a similar or maybe slightly less or more price point ($500). I'm not looking to buy at the current moment, but it will be useful for reference.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
G&L. Or just get a Fender.

+1

Also there is the Yamaha Pacifica line, but I'm not sure how good they are.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
G&L. Or just get a Fender.

They are better than Fender in many aspects imo.

Quote by W4RP1G
+1

Also there is the Yamaha Pacifica line, but I'm not sure how good they are.

Not brilliant.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
G&l
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by The Judist
What Fender model?

A Pacifica will outlast any Fender btw

STFU!!!

I don't even like fenders, but that comment is retarded
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by The Judist
A Pacifica will outlast any Fender btw

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

And I listened to Rebecca Black today.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I'd fifth(I think? xD I didn't get much sleep last night and my counting is off) G&L, I love MIA Fenders but the MiM Fenders I've played(2 Strats and a Tele, all standard. I played a J-bass too but that's a bass, so not really relevant) haven't been much better than the Squiers I've played(an Affinity Strat and two Standard Strats) to be completely honest.

The tone on the MiM Fenders was a little lacking IMO(I know Strats are supposed to be a little thin, but dear GOD, the tone was thin on the MiM Strats I played, I just couldn't get a nice tone out of them), and they didn't feel any better than the Squiers. Also, one of the MiM Fenders I'd "bought" from Long And McQuade(I took advantage of the 30-day return policy and took it home for a week), which seemed generally set up good, would NOT stay in tune, the slightest touch of the whammy bar sent it way out of tune(I realize this is why FRs were invented, but I knew not to do crazy Vai/Slayer-type divebombs on it, and my buddy's Affinity Strat never goes out of tune with the 2-month old strings it has on it).

The G&Ls I've had experience with(a $600 Legacy, a few of the semihollow Teles(ASATs, I think they're called?) and a Rampage), on the other hand, have been veeery nice guitars. I only really spent time with the Legacy, as it was lefty and the others weren't(if the Rampage was lefty I wouldn't have a Schecter right now), but they all felt solidly built, and the Legacy was an absolute dream to play, and sounded VERY nice for what I played on it(that being some Zep and early Judas Priest, through an Egnater Tweaker on AC mode). I'm really considering getting an ASAT Classic, putting a PAF in the neck and putting a black pickguard on it, to be completely honest.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?