i am getting a tc electronics m300, and i'm looking towards deciding what other rackmounts would be good.

i' don't exactly know what rackmount units are great, and i know i'm not looking towards a distortion/fuzz based rackmount, i'm looking more for compressors, eq's, pre-amps and such.

also, budget friendly ones would be nice i'm not looking towards a 5k eventides unit. i'm looking to replace the 100 pedals on my board if you know what i mean
Can't recommend this enough, be sure you have a power conditioner with surge protection and hook everything (including the amp) up to that.
WTLTL 2011
bbe sonic maximizer
isp decimator pro rack
line 6 pod XT

all 3 are pretty sick
Quote by Mark G
Can't recommend this enough, be sure you have a power conditioner with surge protection and hook everything (including the amp) up to that.

alrighty will do. do you have any recommendations for what power conditioner?

and what does the sonic maximizer do? seems like a parametric eq.
Quote by 00_hns_00
alrighty will do. do you have any recommendations for what power conditioner?

and what does the sonic maximizer do? seems like a parametric eq.

Maximizer is a gimmick imo. You are better off with a REAL EQ. Not really needed though usually.

I can't really recommend a surge protector as the one I'm using (phonic) I'm not 100% happy with. Furman gets used a lot and looks solid on paper. Just make sure it handles the grounds properly, has surge protection, a decent display, and perhaps some lights you can adjust.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Maximizer is a gimmick imo. You are better off with a REAL EQ.

+1

On op: rackmount tuners are pretty cool
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by JakeLTD
bbe sonic maximizer
isp decimator pro rack
line 6 pod XT

all 3 are pretty sick

dopnt wanna hijack but is the isp decimator rack really worth it . cause its like 400 $ .. thats a lot of money .

but i want the rackmount . idont want the pedal i wanna get rid of everything pedal i have . but thats big buck for a noise gate .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
well heres what i want to do later this year:

skb 4u case
Furman power conitioner
TC electronic G system (rackmount the brain)
and a shelf/ drawer thatd take up 2u for my noise gate, tube screamer and a wireless system and any other pedals i add
Quote by Skysc
dopnt wanna hijack but is the isp decimator rack really worth it . cause its like 400 $ .. thats a lot of money .

but i want the rackmount . idont want the pedal i wanna get rid of everything pedal i have . but thats big buck for a noise gate .

Well, do you want the most effective most transparant noise reducer on the market or not? You can go cheaper, but you will lose some quality.

My rack:
- Power conditioner
- G-major (verb, delay, channel switching, noise gate, parametric EQ, tuner)
- Wireless system
- Preamp
- Poweramp

I was satisfied with the noise gate on the g-major, but there is no doubt in my mind that a Prorack G would be better. You could however get a 2u drawer for the Gstring pedal version, which is also amazing. Not a bad idea anyway, considering you could put a nice OD in there.

*edit*

I sold most of the rack, but thats what I used.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 29, 2011,
my rack so far will be 6U i think or might go 8U

-rocktorn voodu valve
-rocktron piranha
-ada mp1 with 3.666 recto mod
-furham power condition ( dont have one yet )
-Isp decimator rack ( still thinking about it , if its worth but im a high gain mayhem so ill probably need one . )

that leave me only one space .. now i dont know if i want a rack power amp or only a simulclass head or combo from mesa boogie . most rack are 2u .

my other thought would be something to record to computer like a saffire or focusrite somehting like that .. rack .

i dont gig /band practice yet .. im only a bedroom hobbyist . but i like buying quality stuff that will be useful later so i dont feel like my money was badly spent on crappy gear . .

as for the rack case im thinking right now about buying a tank :

http://www.moogaudio.com/road-ready-rr6uad-pi-2906.html

kinda expensive but its a tank for gigging . but pretty heavy and kinda expensive vs a gator plastic case .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 29, 2011,
axe fx ii
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Id try a mesa triaxis, thats a preamp
deffinatly a power conditioner
a tuner that you can see well from a distance
and an Ax Fx
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by Mark G
Maximizer is a gimmick imo. You are better off with a REAL EQ. Not really needed though usually.

I can't really recommend a surge protector as the one I'm using (phonic) I'm not 100% happy with. Furman gets used a lot and looks solid on paper. Just make sure it handles the grounds properly, has surge protection, a decent display, and perhaps some lights you can adjust.

what do you mean by handles the grounds properly?
Quote by M_16A
Id try a mesa triaxis, thats a preamp
deffinatly a power conditioner
a tuner that you can see well from a distance
and an Ax Fx

yeah, i kinda asked for stuff that wasn't 1k plus. i'm pretty sure the axe fx and all mesa products are in that price range.