I am learning When Everyday's The Weekend by Asking Alexandria an the bpm of the song is 190. My first question is

1. How would I go about distinguishing ( spelling ) the time signature of this song as Tab Tool Kit on my ipod don't tell me.

An

2. I am using a metronome to learn this song an I have it set at 30% of 190bpm. Now when im playing to that speed my hands want to go faster but when i speed it up by 5% or 10% they want to go faster then that. I am using the metronome in Tab Tool Kit but I cant change anything except the speed but I do have a tuner with one built in that I can change everything on as to why I asked my first question.

I'm lost on both of these an do not know what to do or were to begin can you guy's help me with these please?
Last edited by Austin174 at Aug 29, 2011,
1. listening to it on youtube now. the intro seems to switch between 4/4 and 5/4, or you could consider it 9/4. the next part ( a verse i guess?) is seven measures of 4/4 followed by a measure of 5/4. next part (the breakdown) is 4/4, and it stays in 4/4 for the rest of the song. figuring out complicated time signatures is pretty much a matter of counting - break down the riffs into their component parts and figure out how many beats everything lasts.

2. You have to force yourself to play at the same tempo as the metronome. If you're speeding up, don't compensate with the metronome - the whole point is to play the music at a consistent tempo. Really really make sure you can play along at the slower tempo without getting faster OR slower before you bump up metronome. It is tedious but rewarding.
Quote by flame843
1. listening to it on youtube now. the intro seems to switch between 4/4 and 5/4, or you could consider it 9/4. the next part ( a verse i guess?) is seven measures of 4/4 followed by a measure of 5/4. next part (the breakdown) is 4/4, and it stays in 4/4 for the rest of the song. figuring out complicated time signatures is pretty much a matter of counting - break down the riffs into their component parts and figure out how many beats everything lasts.

2. You have to force yourself to play at the same tempo as the metronome. If you're speeding up, don't compensate with the metronome - the whole point is to play the music at a consistent tempo. Really really make sure you can play along at the slower tempo without getting faster OR slower before you bump up metronome. It is tedious but rewarding.

Thank you sir.