input?? I dont even have to have it plugged in for it to do it.. it still does it when i raise the volumn that high... Please guys help me
Seeing that the video you linked us to was posted 4 years ago and has over 3 million views, I highly doubt that's your amp.
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
input?? I dont even have to have it plugged in for it to do it.. it still does it when i raise the volumn that high... Please guys help me

exactly one of my guitars made a sound like that once and it was the input and every time a cable gets pulled the soldering seperates from the male piece to the wire and it pretty much makes that sound, just take it to guitar center or something bud
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Seeing that the video you linked us to was posted 4 years ago and has over 3 million views, I highly doubt that's your amp.

i said that is a example of the sound it makes. gotta any good input to tell me?
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
i said that is a example of the sound it makes. gotta any good input to tell me?

You never said it was an example, you said "here's a link to the sound it makes" which would leave one to assume that you're claiming you made the video for example purposes.

What amp is it? Is it SS? Tube? Does it make the noise everywhere you plug it in or only in certain outlets? Do you have anything plugged into the input or the FX loop? You can't just say "My amp's making this sound" and expect someone to know what's wrong - you need to provide as many details as you can.
its a solid state amp 40 watts. Like i said it does it even when the amp isnt plugged up with the guitar. It does it when i turn the volume past 6. When i lower the gain sometimes i can get the volume higher without it happened.
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
its a solid state amp 40 watts. Like i said it does it even when the amp isnt plugged up with the guitar. It does it when i turn the volume past 6. When i lower the gain sometimes i can get the volume higher without it happened.

You needs t00bz man!

I'm not usually electrically inclined, but when such crap crops up with an SS amp, the cost involved in repairing it usually ain't worth the effort or cost.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
You needs t00bz man!

I'm not usually electrically inclined, but when such crap crops up with an SS amp, the cost involved in repairing it usually ain't worth the effort or cost.

Really, the cost of repairs isn't normally that bad - its the cost of someone trying to diagnose it. =/
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Really, the cost of repairs isn't normally that bad - its the cost of someone trying to diagnose it. =/

This, it's hard to find fried parts, or broken parts out of hundreds of em...but they cost less than 50 cents per part usually, so repair is pretty quick and cheap.
My cat is off his food. What's wrong with him?

Seriously man, how are we supposed to diagnose your fault with that little info?

Ethan. The most common major fault with a SS amp is the output trannies. They can often cost as much or more than a tube, depending on the amp. Just saying ........
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Im sorry if i didnt put as much info as you need...

I will try again

Amp: Peavey Studio Pro 40
speaker: 12 inch - Studio Pro Speaker

Problem: When ever i try to get the amp to give more volume, Useally past 6 on a scale of 1-10, It produces that high pitch sound familiar to the youtube link i posted above. Also I can get it higher but i have to Lower the Saturation effect, or lower the gain... Then the volume knob can go up ( But in reality it is louder on a lower volume setting with the gain and saturation up ) It produces a 40 watt sound.. but seems like its not pushing that much volume also..

Known Problems:

- The power chord that plugs into the wall from the amp is a replacement which does not have a ground on it. its just a 2 prong plug in, but the original power chord had a ground ( 3 prong ) power chord. Im not sure if this would cause the problem because the amp is still getting all the power it needs. The Ground is just a safety measure correct?

- Also My amp has 2 wires that go to the 12 inch speaker from the top part ( Amp ) . And the
Amp has 2 metal clips coming down. One of the wires goes straight up to the inside of the amp. But the other wire is wrapped around the other metal clip coming down from the top amp. ( im guessing these 2 wires are the positive and negative that sends the electrical signal to the amp ). So i know a signal is getting through or else the amp would not play anything out of the speaker.

Please this is very important to me, Guitar is my life and the only thing that keeps me sane. Please help me out so i can fix this amp. Hope this explanation is better
Last edited by Jmccorkle1222 at Aug 30, 2011,
I would replace that 2 prong with a 3 prong...from what I understand, the amp needs that to ground properly, and it's not just for safety...hence why the older tube radios and stuff were grounded to the case, and not out of the plug, explaining why they always covered them in plastic...At least that's what I've been told.
Part of it is probably your pickups, part is the wiring in your house and part is your distortion. I assume you're playing high distortion. My fender mustang III does the same with high distortion and a large part is because I have super hot pickups in my LP. Does it make a high pitched when it's not on? Or does it just kind of fizz? It could be a cable problem, but it could also be a problem with that prong. Honestly, Either buy a new amp or try a noise reduction pedal. IDC Decimator fixed my issues right up.
It does it when the guitar is not plugged into the amp. For example if i turn the volume up without the guitar plugged in it goes it