Page 1 of 2
looks sorta familiar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-1923-85th-Anniversary-50W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head-501124-i1432731.gc

"Be a part of the Marshall story with this 85th Anniversary head.

Since his birth in 1923, Jim Marshall has changed the world of guitar music forever by listening to the needs of guitarists, incorporating them into amplifier designs, and developing some of the most cutting-edge and familiar tones ever recorded.

The 1923 85th anniversary amp head commemorates Dr. Marshall's 85th birthday celebration. Based on the legendary JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead platform, the 1923 head features 50 watts of EL34 power and that distinctive Marshall tone. The front panel is finished with a custom color print design incorporating both the 85th Celebration logo and Union Jack flag. Every guitar amp head is constructed using high-grade Baltic birch plywood for superior sonic performance and durability."

legendary lolz.
I heard about this amp. Its the one with the coil tapz built into it right?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
based on a dsl 50?

no way.

legendary...

TS - try to find a used DLS50 on craigslist for $500.
wtf

also, "Every guitar amp head is constructed using high-grade Baltic birch plywood for superior sonic performance and durability."

yes, because the headshell affects toanz....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Oh boy, an overpriced dsl50!

Is the soldering in this one lead free, or did they go back to old specs?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
wait?

it's a british flag?

i thought it was a breast cancer awareness ribbon.

what i really need is a new computer.
didn't they fire those dsl bozos.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
well this sucks
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Wait. These have been out for years... I've played several at Strait Music in Austin.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
high-grade Baltic birch plywood

Well, there's your sonic improvement
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Quote by mmolteratx
Wait. These have been out for years... I've played several at Strait Music in Austin.

my computer takes foreeeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr to post.

Every guitar amp head is constructed using high-grade Baltic birch plywood for superior sonic performance and durability."

the ****?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: ah i see i wasn't the first to spot that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dat sum bousheet

/marshall hate. even they cant get the marshall sound down anymore. just go back to producing what everyone wants, classic tones. sure, branch out every now and then, but have a consumer test-drive soemthing or other first. also if you're going to make SS starters, put SOME effort into them...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
So for his 85th birthday they were scared of exciting him too much? Just thinking of his ageing heart I guess.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sooo much DSL hate. Unwarranted I feel. Sure, the TSL sounds like an alley cat abortion, but the DSL is definitely not bad by any regards.
/defense of DSL
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
Quote by jaybals
Wait, im lost, if this is his 85th birthday.. and he was born in 1923...

HOLY SH!T IVE GONE BACK IN TIME!

come on, can't you appreciate a decent fail every now and then?

Somewhat unrelated I found this. Maybe I should put this in my thread

http://www.marshallamps.com/resources/news/resources_news.asp

The band Hammerfall broke a 'record' for using the most Marshall cabs in a concert ever. It goes on to say that all 216 speakers were hooked up and live. Isn't that something like 12,000 + watts (assuming something like a Vintage 30)?
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Sooo much DSL hate. Unwarranted I feel. Sure, the TSL sounds like an alley cat abortion, but the DSL is definitely not bad by any regards.
/defense of DSL

Not hating on the DSL as much as the company choosing a DSL out of ALL OF THE OTHER MARSHALL AMPS IN ALL OF MARSHALL AMP HISTORY to commemorate Jim Marshall's 85th birthday. You have to admit, there are some better options...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Neat amp. Happy 85th birthday second time around, Jim Marshall!

Of course, why would he want to be 85 twice? Why not 35 twice?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
a) this has been out for ****ing ageeees (in the Uk at least)... its not just a DSL, its much more vintage sounding and actually a really nice amp (I played one )

Yeah, i was pretty sure this amp had been out for quite a while too.

However Marshall ARE bringing out a new amp for the company's 50th. Perhaps a golden jubilee?
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
/defense of DSL

I don't hate the DSL at all, in fact I recommend it to people all the time - but you gotta admit, it's a pretty unexciting choice to celebrate his birthday.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
lol
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Cathbard
I don't hate the DSL at all, in fact I recommend it to people all the time - but you gotta admit, it's a pretty unexciting choice to celebrate his birthday.

I'm with cathbard on this!
they could have just made an handwired 10 watt jcm800...

but craig beat them to it.
What no Plexi/800/bluesbreaker? that is a piss poor choice for a "special" jim marshall amp. Why would marshall take one of the worst amps they have ever made to do a special edition? Personally the 900 would have been a better choice.....ouch.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
a) this has been out for ****ing ageeees

Exactly, nothing new.
Quote by Robbgnarly
What no Plexi/800/bluesbreaker? that is a piss poor choice for a "special" jim marshall amp. Why would marshall take one of the worst amps they have ever made to do a special edition? Personally the 900 would have been a better choice.....ouch.

Yeah the 900 would have been the better choice if they wanted his special edition amp to sound like kittens clawing their way out of a pissed Llama. Instead they picked the much better platform. While the 800 or a Bluesbreaker would have been better than the DSL, the 900 is up there with the valvestates and JVMs for their overall disappointing sound.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
i think the 18 watt would have been a better choice.

but they still do the handwired version of that.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
marshall, y u no make 6100?

This. So much this.
Page 1 of 2