i was supposed to get a big check a month ago or so, but it looks like it wont be coming for another six to ten months (gotta love the government), it was one of those stimulus type deals. but am not going into details as far as that goes.

i have some cash atm (not nearly as much if i would have had that check), and am really wanting something different.

i saw a Peavey ultra 60 for $175 a few days ago, so might consider that.

i keep seeing Roland Jazz Chorus' JC120's popping up for $300-$400.

i have kind of been wanting another RG100ES, but dont know if i want to buy one for a few reasons. the one i had must have needed a cap job, and at that time, i didn't feel comfortable doing it, but i would be fine doing it now. i like the tone of the amp and it is somthing drastically different from what i have, and could see being valuable to have hanging around my studio.

i guess i am just at that point where gas is kicking in, usually if i haven't made a purchaese in a month i get a little bit squirlly, i picked up my ibanez pristege 3550mz about a month ago. you can see my profile for the amps i do have.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you need a mesa of some sort

+1

Personally people try to get an amp that does everything and, while there are a lot of them out there, its hard to find one that really shines at a certain thing (like it may have good cleans, crunch, and lead tones but none of them are really spectacular).

I say its always best to run two amps a/b'ed if you can afford it. Find one amp that does clean to crunch tones really well and a second amp that does more of a higher gain/lead tone really well.

Do you have a budget? Any certain style you're gonna be playing? Need this for gigging or home use?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

Personally people try to get an amp that does everything and, while there are a lot of them out there, its hard to find one that really shines at a certain thing (like it may have good cleans, crunch, and lead tones but none of them are really spectacular).

I say its always best to run two amps a/b'ed if you can afford it. Find one amp that does clean to crunch tones really well and a second amp that does more of a higher gain/lead tone really well.

Do you have a budget? Any certain style you're gonna be playing? Need this for gigging or home use?

it can gig or not.

has to be used

i live just north of tampa bay FL

has to be tube unless its a JC or RG100ES

not really picky.

i am not looking for an amp that does everything, the amps i own pretty much take care of everything. i am just looking for something to mess around with.

i run a splawn and my 1968 bassman in A/B for dirt and cleans.

i do need a mesa. good thought. i would like to find a dual rec two channel, but they don't pop up locally. the used amp market as far as the higher end type stuff is shit here. here its only SS or SS modeling, or entry level tube amps.

i was planning on picking up a mark of some form when that check was supposed to come, so maybe i will have to wait until then.

atm budget wise, i am running a little lower than usual, i have like $300 at the moment to allocate towards that. and would love to find something i could mod, this season isn't the best for cash coming in. i am not really wanting to wait as odd as that sounds. i will only buy if i can make $$$ or break even, so if i buy something and want something different it wont matter.

also partially why the budget is low is that i buy myself two gibsons a year. funny thing i know, but i still need to pick up a second before the year ends, so i have some funds i am allocating towards that.

another reason why my budget is low is that i started building amps, i did a 1974x, am working on a JTM45 w/KT66's, and will be either doing a fender twin, supro of some form, or a jcm 800. those amps there are at leas t$600 in parts each. i dont like time in between projects, and need to stay busy

i have a lot of things that i will be listing on CL (car parts, tools, etc) that i dont need anymore once i get off my lazy rear. if that sells as it should there should be at least two grand, but the tools really aren't moving that well.

so i am just kind of looking for something to burn as stupid as that sounds. pick it up, play it for a while, if its good enough to use in a studio or does something that none of my other amps do i will keep it. if its fun for a little while, i will just sell it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
You said you're just looking for something to mess around with? I don't have any experience with them but there is a lot of hype about the Egnator Tweaker. It may be something that's worth looking into.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You said you're just looking for something to mess around with? I don't have any experience with them but there is a lot of hype about the Egnator Tweaker. It may be something that's worth looking into.

definitely a good recommendation, but i owned one for two or three months. i traded it straight up for a Jet City 50 watter, which i traded for a custom shop Gretsch hand hammered snare drum (they go for like $600 used itself) and a 20" Zildjian A ride and an A Custom 18" crash.

also should mention that i have owned a JCA20, a VK, egnater renegade, dont like night trains, and i really like old and obscure tube amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
definitely a good recommendation, but i owned one for two or three months. i traded it straight up for a Jet City 50 watter, which i traded for a custom shop Gretsch hand hammered snare drum (they go for like $600 used itself) and a 20" Zildjian A ride and an A Custom 18" crash.

also should mention that i have owned a JCA20, a VK, egnater renegade, dont like night trains, and i really like old and obscure tube amps.

If you can find one then get a Peavey VTM 60 or 120 - they are modeled after the JCM 800 but have "more balls" as people often say. It was basically Peavey's answer to everyone hotrodding there Marshall amps in the late 80s. Pretty much like "Hey, why spend X amount of money on an amp and then X amount of money getting it modded when you can get the same thing from us straight from the factory for X amount".

Then, when you get tired of it, send it to me!
A lot of the older Peavey amps are worth considering. The Ultra, VTM, and Butcher are all great great amps.

Also a lot of Mesa's old old amps can be real hidden gems, stuff like the Maverick, the Heartbreaker, Blue Angel, Nomad, Mark II, Son of Boogie, the Studio Caliber, etc. are great but not as well known as say a Rectumfrier or a Mark.

What about a Vox, or a Marshall JCM 800/Vintage Modern/JTM 45/Major/Bluesbreaker, or some kind of a Fender Bassman, Vibrolux, Deluxe Reverb? I'm recalling you're on a budget right now, so I'll also recommend the Vox AC50, you can get them used for fairly little money.

You really haven't given us a lot to work with in terms of 'messing around' stuff, as far as particular interests, so I'm kinda going through the big list of amps in my mind here.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
A lot of the older Peavey amps are worth considering. The Ultra, VTM, and Butcher are all great great amps.

Also a lot of Mesa's old old amps can be real hidden gems, stuff like the Maverick, the Heartbreaker, Blue Angel, Nomad, Mark II, Son of Boogie, the Studio Caliber, etc. are great but not as well known as say a Rectumfrier or a Mark.

What about a Vox, or a Marshall JCM 800/Vintage Modern/JTM 45/Major/Bluesbreaker, or some kind of a Fender Bassman, Vibrolux, Deluxe Reverb? I'm recalling you're on a budget right now, so I'll also recommend the Vox AC50, you can get them used for fairly little money.

You really haven't given us a lot to work with in terms of 'messing around' stuff, as far as particular interests, so I'm kinda going through the big list of amps in my mind here.

yea, i did know a little bit about those older peaveys especially the ultra and VTM.

i dont see a lot of older mesa flying around anywhere near here.

as far as vox i could use an AC15 or 30.

as far as fender, i have a 1968 Bassman

as far as marshall, i have a clone i built of the 18 watter, and am working on a JTM45 at the moment.

i picked up this ampeg a couple months ago aound here, got the guy down to $50, it is a hybrid, with a single 12ax7. accutronics reverb tank, dirty channel wasnt't the best, but its cleans are spectacular, it has just a little more body to it than a JC120, but with feeling a little bit of pick attack, like a twin. it seems to sound like half and half JC120/Twin

i also like to have things out there that are a little uncommon. for example i dont know if you have ever heard of a Yamaha Nippon Gakki classical or acoustic from the 50's or 60's. i absolutely love them. i own six of them. thats just an example.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!