What I want is a new guitar, but what I need is a new amp :\ Does anybody get the same kind of satisfaction from getting a new amp as they do from getting a new guitar?

Either way, my crappy Ibanez starter kit amp has to go >_> I'm looking at the Peavy Vypyr 30W. I've heard some really good things about it.

http://peavey.com/products/instamplifiers/guitaramps/vypyr/index.cfm/item/116751/index.html

Here is my question though. Is it possible to cycle through all those different kinds of effects without actually going up and messing with the amp?

Say I want to switch to the Wah setting on my amp for a Metallica solo. Is there any way I could do it without turning the knob on my amp OR actually buying a Wah effect pedal? Or is there some kind of pedal that can cycle through my different effects?

Sorry if that's confusing.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Last edited by Ragu35 at Aug 29, 2011,
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Yes it is possible my friend has a vypyr and it came with a pedal thinger to activate wah or go through other effects, it is rather confusing like you have to hit one button and then another one to get one of your saved effects but gets easier in time =D hope this helps.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Quote by Strat007

holy shit.

The pedal costs more than the amp >_>
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Yeah, that's the whole purpose of marketing add-ons.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I have the Vypyr 75 and love it. Luckily, i bought mine when they had a special going and i got a coupon for a free Sanpera I footswitch. I haven't had any problems with mine. well, not any that lasted haha. I did have some problems with the looper function not working and sometimes the sound would cut out completely with extended use of the wah, but they resolved themselves somehow.
Get a valvetronix instead. Valve-tube hybrid. You get pretty dry, crappy distortion from solid states, whether they're modeling or not, but it's easier to get cleans. It's got some effects, but honestly, I would suggest going the stombox route instead for the most part.
Quote by jjbarnes
Get a valvetronix instead. Valve-tube hybrid. You get pretty dry, crappy distortion from solid states, whether they're modeling or not, but it's easier to get cleans. It's got some effects, but honestly, I would suggest going the stombox route instead for the most part.

IMHO that hybrid stuff is a marketing scam, but i do agree on getting the valvetronix. I dont know if theres a wah on it though for the OP
OP, you might want to wait for a rebate to come out if u do get the vypyr/sanpera.
good luck and Happy amp hunting
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
IMHO that hybrid stuff is a marketing scam, but i do agree on getting the valvetronix. I dont know if theres a wah on it though for the OP
OP, you might want to wait for a rebate to come out if u do get the vypyr/sanpera.
good luck and Happy amp hunting

Hybrid is really the only way I know how to describe it. It's got the power of solid state with the tone of a tube. I like it better than my fender mustang III.
it really doesn't have the tone of a tube IMO but i presonally prefer it anyway over the vyper
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo