Are they any good? Like this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg350mye-electric-guitar

Would that be worth looking into? and how would it compare to the washburn XM pro 2 fr? With these specs
XM PRO2FR
Mahogany body
Flame maple top
Maple set neck
Double adjustable trussrod
Ebony fingerboard with dot inlay
25.5" scale, 24 frets
Width: 43mm @ nut, 56mm @ 22nd fret
Original Floyd Rose bridge with locking nut
Black Grover 18:1 ratio tuners
Duncan USM Alnico-5 Humbucker pickups
3 way pickup toggle switch
1 Volume, 1 Tone control
D'Addario XL-120 strings
List Price: $801.90

Or should I get completely serious and wait for a 1550M...?
I've read that the Edge III is a huge pain to use and stuff. The OFR beats it any day, but if you really want an Ibanez but can wait then I'd say save up for the 1550M.
Imo the washburn would be better.
Ofr, set neck, maple top for a bit more brightness.
Compared to:
Edge 3 , basswood throughout, bolt on neck.

Edge3 isnt as bad as its rep. Its not even close to a floyd in terms of quality parts, but mine has held tune quite well for 4 years. Just need to nudge it opposite direction of the initial action.

Also the 1550m prestige sells 800$ or so used...
If you can save up or go used, do it.

Edit: oh my that szr720 is beautiful.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Aug 30, 2011,
Oh ummm btw from what I've read. The OFR is just a typo. I've seen floyd rose specials on these
Yes, they are good, particularly this, even though it doesn't have the specs of the Washburn. But this is also a good one. But if you can afford it, do get the Washburn. But, to answer your question, they are good guitars for the price, ibbys are.
I can get both guitars for almost the exact same price. Within about 20 bucks. soooo knowing that???
Quote by Zerox8610
I can get both guitars for almost the exact same price. Within about 20 bucks. soooo knowing that???

Washburn hands down. If those are your final options, I would get the Washburn.
And I Ibanez.

Edit: Where the **** did this ^guy^ get a platypus pic playing a keytar?
Epic win!
Quote by DimebagZappa
Washburn hands down. If those are your final options, I would get the Washburn.
And I Ibanez.

What made you pick the Washburn over the Ibby if I might ask? lol
I find basswood bodies to be very muddy on the low end. I'd take an OFR over an edge 3 any day. Grover tuners and a maple top dont hurt either, although personally i'd prolly like the ibby neck better, Its more than likely a bit thinner. Also ebony fretboards are sexy.
Quote by DimebagZappa
I find basswood bodies to be very muddy on the low end. I'd take an OFR over an edge 3 any day. Grover tuners and a maple top dont hurt either, although personally i'd prolly like the ibby neck better, Its more than likely a bit thinner. Also ebony fretboards are sexy.

But no no no it doesn't have an OFR it's just a licensed. That's a typo up on the washburn site I forgot to fix before posting D:
soo..... knowing that as well?? still washburn??
Yep. Still washburn. You can always block/swap a trem. If you dislike the basswood sound your kinda shit outta luck. Go play a few and see what you think. The basswood body I am basing this on is mine and its got at least 3 large knots/ imperfections in it. I can see the wood filler popping out from the black finish. Maybe a better peice wouldnt be so muddy? Either way it sounds fantastic with the bkp in there now.
I see you have a tone zone air norton set up in your Les paul... How is that set up??? those are the main passives I've been looking at getting if I upgraded them.

If those aren't all that great what passives CAN you recommend???
Tone zone: in the ibanez it was very muddy on the low end. Didn't cut through the distortion nearly as well as I had hoped but was perfect for 80's rock imo. Very vocal mids and a nice fat yet still bright high end.
About the same in the epiphone, but the mud is pretty well gone. The guitar is very bright naturally. Perfect fit, still huge fat tones and now eats through distortion like its candy.

Air Norton: Sounded great in both. Its a really fluid like warm round pickup that makes me want to play legato for years. Great sustain, cleans up amazingly for chordage. Im prolly going to put another one into my RG.

I put them both in the epi because its a matching nickle covered set I ordered for the RG, but was very displeased with the bridge (mainly a metal guitar), so I put the Dimebucker/stock neck I had back in. Also The Epi came with an emg 81, which I dont really like that much.

Warpig: 1550m FTW. I still would say save up for it. But if you have to get one of the 2, washburn all the way.
Well I don't HAVE to..... I just doubt I can save that much (1550m) on the good ol McDonalds wage :P