Page 1 of 5
With dubstep getting a lot of attention in the mainstream and making it's way into every nook and cranny, do you think this part of the timeline will be known as the dubstep era, like the 60s were beatles and 70s were other classic rock greats, etc etc? Or would you rather think dubstep is just some crap fad genre that will come and go?
I think it will. I dont mind it, but I am forced to play it as a DJ for my college radio station.
Maybe, I personally really enjoy dubstep. I think it's because I can relate it too metal and I also like the ridiculousness of the bass and drops.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I'm not sure, it's too early to tell still. I don't even know what the 2000's is gonna be recognized for. The rise of metalcore, and some rap and pop songs.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Definitely not.

I think within the next ten years or so, most pop music will be akin to artists like Crystal Castles and Heartsrevolution.
Question. What the hell is dubstep?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
It's going to be the era of folk and other indie-like music.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
I hope so. Just mixed with some other genres, and not all so computer generated.

Also, Electronica > Dubstep
Last edited by Oyface at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by Alucard817
Question. What the hell is dubstep?

It has bass and it, uh, 140bpm, err, drops, drum. Someone else explain it.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
No because there won't be any more defined ages.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Oyface
I hope so. Just mixed with some other genres, and not all so computer generated.

Also, Electronica > Dubstep

electronica is a term that encompasses all forms of electronic music, it isn't a genre in its own (as far as I know). So dubstep would technically be included in the term "electronica".

Don't take my word for it, though.

Also, this song is the shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzp_TZKvXHU (it starts out with a dnb intro, then it starts sounding a little closer to dubstep)
Quote by Vince Sixx
It's going to be the era of folk and other indie-like music.

I'm okay with this.
I was so into dubstep 2 to 3 years ago.

But now, it seems like every song has a dubstep remix, it's really hard to find a good remix. There's a fine line between good and excessive. I think it's a fad, like disco. Was the 70's known for disco? Somewhat, but you won't hear a bunch of disco nowadays, its not classic, whereas you're still hearing Zeppelin or Aerosmith. For disco, maybe you'll hear the Beegees and that's about it. Same with dubstep years from now. You might hear a little Skrillex or Bassnectar or what have you, but not much.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by jetfuel495
electronica is a term that encompasses all forms of electronic music, it isn't a genre in its own (as far as I know). So dubstep would technically be included in the term "electronica".

Also, this song is the shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzp_TZKvXHU (it starts out with a dnb intro, then it starts sounding a little closer to dubstep)

Then what do you call the sort that is not all "heavy" like dubstep or hardstyle, but more musical, like on the UG Electronic album?
No

This one time my brother was listening to this one song in his car and I'm like oh this sounds nice but then out of nowhere BRAAAW WAWAWAWAW WOMP WOMP WOMP BRAAAW WAWAWAWAW WOMP WOMP WOIIIIMP
Quote by jetfuel495

I thank you sir, for providing epic music!
people that normally don't listen to a lot of music flock to these new technoish fads. I wouldn't mind it as background music but i wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it (like buying it or searching it on YouTube). It's just kind of boring, just like elevator music. People will get tired of it soon and some new kind of "step" will come along. Remember when everyone was listening to drum'n'bass years ago, I guess all those generic fast drumbeats got boring really fast.
Maybe if I was into dancing and energy drinks i would enjoy it more.
Quote by blake1221
Mimosa - Stairway.

Edit: Called that shit.

Quote by Oyface
Then what do you call the sort that is not all "heavy" like dubstep or hardstyle, but more musical, like on the UG Electronic album?

There's all sorts of different styles. House, electro, trance, freeform, dnb, IDM, etc.
Oh god I hope not. If it will be I'm gonna tell my kids I was drunk and on drugs the entire decade. Rather that than they think I actually listened to it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 5