Greetings fellas, before I try to put out a cover of December Flower from The Jester Race album, I decided to pop out a tone test in order to get some feedback from fellow guitarplayers, it's pretty sloppy, short and contains only the guitar track, just wanted to see if I had nailed the tone on the epic album that the guys made back in '96.
I know that I need a marshall valvestate combined with the HM-2 in order to nail it properly, but I personally think that I got pretty close with the 5150's clean channel and the HM-2 + 10 band eq by itself.

Any feedback is appreciated, if I recieve some positive feedback on the tone, I'm going to get right into it and cover the song.

Cheers!

http://soundcloud.com/annostriker/december-flower-the-jester
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
Thanks for the feedback. I am currently mobile so I'll check out your recording when I get home. Aye i suppose its a bit too bassy for the gothenburg sound, might be due to quad tracking, ill try it with left right and center triple tracked next time, might go for dual track too. The HM-2 is pretty good for the early melodeath sound, though it needs hecy tweaking and post eq to nail the tone. When used as a boost in front of a slightly crunchy amp drive, its pretty much the new Bloodbath/Asphyx/Hail of Bullets tone depending on your settings. If you dime all the knobs in front of the clean channel, it's instant stockholm sound ala Entombed/Dismember/Carnage and pretty much the only way to nail that tone. Havent used it for low gain tones yet, but I doubt that it would suit rock music with crunchy tones. If you need any help with the settings, do not hesitate to send me a message.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*