Bill Nye speaks slowly to explain Climate Change to Fox, still "confuses viewers"

Page 1 of 4
Thought this was going to be an onion article

Watching it now.

edit: Quite a massive derailment there, probably shouldn't have brought up dogs having sex in the middle of a climate change debate
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by Kensai

edit: Quite a massive derailment there, probably shouldn't have brought up dogs having sex in the middle of a climate change debate

I thought it was rather straightforward, Racism became indefensible when it science showed it had no basis, Climate change denial also lacks any scientific basis and thus will go the same way.
It's unfortunate that he allowed himself to get deflected at all, but he had to engage with it, particularly when the host played a clip about it. It certainly wasn't all that confusing though.

"Please don't say sex on my show, there will be so many angry e-mails"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
They let black people on Fox now?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

No way!?!
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Ur all $h1t
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201108290025

Not sure what was hard to understand there, even with the massive racism red herring thrown in.

If Rupert says there's no such thing, then Climate change doesn't exist.

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I thought it was rather straightforward, Racism became indefensible when it science showed it had no basis, Climate change denial also lacks any scientific basis and thus will go the same way.
It's unfortunate that he allowed himself to get deflected at all, but he had to engage with it, particularly when the host played a clip about it. It certainly wasn't all that confusing though.

The saddest part is that what he was trying to explain will, no doubt, be lost among the giggles at "sex".
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
That certainly wasn't hard to understand, but he should've explained climate change more instead of defending Gore.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
That certainly wasn't hard to understand, but he should've explained climate change more instead of defending Gore.

You'll notice that he was well on his way to doing that when the host decided "I don't like what you're saying here, please talk about something else, here's a clip of a completely different issue, talk about that"
"Oh woops, we're out of time. Fuck you"
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
They played this on a show called 'Freedom Watch'.

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
mediamatters is just as bad as fox news.

flame away.
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Bill Nye is hardly a credible source anyway. The guy was a total joke. This is the man people should be listening to:

He's just plain a better scientist. He made HIS lab rat grow and speak English.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by p_c
mediamatters is just as bad as fox news.

flame away.

Probably. I'm just using it as a source for the streaming video
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by jambi_mantra

Only Uncle Toms with sufficiently right-wing views, but yeah, they've been doing it for years.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
You'll notice that he was well on his way to doing that when the host decided "I don't like what you're saying here, please talk about something else, here's a clip of a completely different issue, talk about that"
"Oh woops, we're out of time. Fuck you"

He shouldn't have said has sex, should of said has a child out of wedlock.

FAUX News goes mad over that sort of story.
I thought the title was a misspelling of Bill Nighy, and therefore I had another thing to like about him. Turns out, I just have two Bill N's to like.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Bill Nye the Science Guy was, along with Power Rangers, my favorite show as a kid.

I love how he still kicks ass. And still rocks a bowtie.
Isn't Bill Nye a comedian anyway? Dude from Fox News heckles him, he responds. Talking about dogs ****ing live on air would shut most anchors up long enough to listen to the end of his point. Shame it didn't work here, really.
I get the feeling he could have explained himself a lot better, but he sat there and thought..."I'm on fox news. Retards watch this. If I don't simplify it enough for 5 year olds, I'll get the blame for the drop in ratings".

Also, I love anyone (like him) that pronounces data the right way
Quote by L2112Lif
He shouldn't have said has sex, should of said has a child out of wedlock.

FAUX News goes mad over that sort of story.

You did that on purpose admit it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
No ****ing way.

My childhood hero I always wondered what became of him.
Let's not forget FOX/Anne Coulter and their/Rupert's/the Republicans' piece they did on Rage Against The Machine : http://vlaze.com/27913/
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Twist of fate
Why does Fox start an argument with all of their special guests?

They've got an agenda. If a guest has something to say that challenges their conservative opinion, they have to portray that guest in a negative light, so that the guest doesn't sway any viewer opinions. It's dodgy journalism 101.

I can't believe anyone actually watches foz news, but whenever I do I realise just why America is the way it is. Their censorship and progaganda have a strong hold over the country.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Isn't Bill Nye a comedian anyway? Dude from Fox News heckles him, he responds. Talking about dogs ****ing live on air would shut most anchors up long enough to listen to the end of his point. Shame it didn't work here, really.
I get the feeling he could have explained himself a lot better, but he sat there and thought..."I'm on fox news. Retards watch this. If I don't simplify it enough for 5 year olds, I'll get the blame for the drop in ratings".

Also, I love anyone (like him) that pronounces data the right way

He's not a comedian in the traditional sense. He's a science educator who often uses humor to get concepts across more easily.

It's edutainment. Which surprisingly is in Chrome's spellcheck dictionary. Chrome's dictionary is weird; a lot of words you'd assume would be in the dictionary aren't, and a lot of words you'd assume wouldn't be in the dictionary are.

He's fully capable of simplifying science for five-year-olds, though, as that was his job for most of the '90s.
Quote by Holy Katana
He's not a comedian in the traditional sense. He's a science educator who often uses humor to get concepts across more easily.

It's edutainment. Which surprisingly is in Chrome's spellcheck dictionary. Chrome's dictionary is weird; a lot of words you'd assume would be in the dictionary aren't, and a lot of words you'd assume wouldn't be in the dictionary are.

He's fully capable of simplifying science for five-year-olds, though, as that was his job for most of the '90s.

Fox News audience should be a slam dunk for him then.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by flyingmarlin
Let's not forget FOX/Anne Coulter and their/Rupert's/the Republicans' piece they did on Rage Against The Machine : http://vlaze.com/27913/

Couldn't watch the whole clip... the warranty on my laptop expired years ago
Quote by Jackal58
Fox News audience should be a slam dunk for him then.

Well it would have been, but OH NO WE'RE OUT OF TIME BILL (except not really, you said sex, so suddenly we're out of time)
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
That was brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Quote by theguitarist
You did that on purpose admit it.

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I used to watch his show erryday. Will have to check this out when I get the chance to watch video.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I think he did a good job of not being drawn into the interviewer's pace and incorporating that Gore clip in an understandable and relevant way.
Quote by Neo Evil11

yeah, but they still spray hispanics with water whenever we try to enter a bank.

Watching the video now.
Is it just me or does Bill Nye resemble Spock?
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG
Page 1 of 4