When i go to band practice right after scool, i never get to warm up. It feels wierd to play and i cant play anthing tecnical. Its really embarrising, and it looks like i suck so much.. Anybody know some good exerzises with out the guitar? (not rock dicipline). Also if i practice longer each day, do i need to warm up any longer? I have most trouble holding the pick..
very few people can pick up the guitar and start shredding right away, and even those who do most likely can only play at 70-80% of their potential without warm up.

i noticed that if i play for like 15 minutes as soon as i wake up, i can play really well for the rest of the day.
If you spend more time in the gym, will you still have to warm up?

Yes.

Try getting up earlier and run few exercises before going to school, just to wake your hands up

Or even easier and more efficient - warm up during band practice, its not like you just take guitar and instantly jam. Run few exercises while you check your tuning and some other stuff. No shame in that
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
warm up ur fingers/hands? just like u'd do if you'd be going to play volley or handball or whatever..
Use the Desk at school. Basically just imagine it's apiano and go along with the beat to a song. It's what I do. Then run through some scales with your band and you'll play better.
Then I whispered in her ear, fear me dear, for I am Death.

Why are you hiding?
Because the demons from my dreams are everywhere..

Are you arguing with a German guy about how to speak German?
Quote by DrakeTheOne
Use the Desk at school. Basically just imagine it's apiano and go along with the beat to a song. It's what I do. Then run through some scales with your band and you'll play better.

you said it bro,
just pretend it's a fretboard, and pracitce different patterns.
Works for me
pretend a meter stick is a guitar
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album