hey guys,

so everyone knows the infamous slayer solos that sound off-key....i've just been wondering....i don't kno if i'm beginning to appreciate the solos for what they are, but its starting to feel like they play in key although its off key if that makes any sense...so do u guys think they conciously do this? or are they unknowing of their genius? lol
1. It is intentional.
2. they do play in key, but they use A) Chromatics, and B) the octatonic scale. Because of this, the solos have a very dissonant sound.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Hanneman has stated that he doesn't know any scales and doesn't want to. King says that he maps out about 75% of his solos and "wings the rest of it". So no, they probably don't consciously worry about playing in or out of key. That's what makes Slayer solos unique.
Quote by stoic
Hanneman has stated that he doesn't know any scales and doesn't want to. King says that he maps out about 75% of his solos and "wings the rest of it". So no, they probably don't consciously worry about playing in or out of key. That's what makes Slayer solos unique.

slayer's "solos" are just plain awful. hanneman and king are the worst guitarists in the big four.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing

up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is

dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still

alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach Handbags
Coach Outlet
Coach Bags