I have the esp, is it worth upgrading to one of these? (I play metal almost exclusively. I don't want anything too heavy. Also my hands are very small so if you have any comments on the neck size...)

*Schecter C-1 Standard FR (I use drop tunings often, will the 24.75" scale length work for that as well as my esp's 25.5"?)
*Blackjack ATX Solo 6 (I love the ebony fretboard.)
*OR a PRS Student Edition Paul Allender Signature model (Nice guitar but I don't care about Allender, and honestly I hate playing guitars with other people's names on them.)

EDIT: I don't like any other PRS SE's, and can't afford the normal ones.
Last edited by aliai at Aug 30, 2011,
maybe, but i mean there's no reason to only look at those models. if you don't like sigs, PRS SE have a variety of non-sig models, schecter has a variety of stoptail models (for changing tunings), etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The F50 is garbage, especially if you have the old one with an agathis body. I own one, it's junk. I upgraded the pickups, didn't help much. The agathis seems just sound awful.

Any of those Schecters or the PRS is a good upgrade. The Schecters will have a very similar neck to your LTD. The PRS I believe will have a different neck profile, being wider and mroe thin. If you go with the Schecter, search used. They can be had at nearly half price used.
@W4RP1G: Thanks! How old is your f-50? Mine is about 5 years, would that have the agathis body? (Not sure exactly, I got it used.)
Last edited by aliai at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by aliai
@W4RP1G: Thanks! How old is your f-50? Mine is about 5 years, would that have the agathis body? (Not sure exactly, I got it used.)

I'm not sure what wood they used 5 years ago, but they went to basswood about a year and a half ago. I got mine about 2 years ago, and it's agathis. I'd guess that's what you have too though, but I'm not sure.
Not enough experience with Schecters or PRSs to say much, but isn't the PRS Torero basiclly a non-sig Paul Allender with a Floyd Rose? Could be worth checking if you don't like playing sigs.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50