Page 1 of 3
I'm sure I'm not the only person to notice that females can't joke. I often see them try real hard, but whatever happens they blurt out the clumsiest, flattest and most boring jokes. I'm very serious in my intent to find out why women can't joke and often lack a healthy sense of humor. Pit, discuss!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Because we have a different sense of humor.

Making jokes about how men are all of our problems: menstruation, menopause, mental disorders. That's what we apparently find funny.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
HALP UG. WIMUNZ DO NOT SHARE MY HOOMAR. THEY R BORING.

I know you didn't write like a 12 year old, but this is how I imagined it.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Some of the funniest people I know of are women, both in terms of friends I have and comedians I like. Every time I see a thread like this, it just makes me think that most people in the pit hardly talk to girls.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
It seems I haven't made myself clear enough. If you haven't noticed already humor is necessary in day to day conversations and when a person lacks a good sense of humor he/she is often neglected and thought dumb. Everytime I make conversations with the opposite sex or overhear them I have noticed they make very bland jokes and giggle. Such jokes in a company of gentlemen would make one seem mentally handicapped(which the above user:SadStatue finds hilarious, blaming it on her sex).
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Aug 30, 2011,
I agree. Some what. Women that always do the same jokes about men and periods are not funny, its worn out and just isn't funny. However if comediennes create new material that isn't just "oh my gosh my man is so unsatisfying OLOLOL" then I can find them funny. I can't stand Jo Brand, she's just not funny. At all. Shappy Khorsandi however is a lot funnier to me because she mixes it up with racism, divorce and different subjects.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
I agree. Some what. Women that always do the same jokes about men and periods are not funny, its worn out and just isn't funny.

I bet 90% of the material of your favorite male comedians is made up of dick jokes and how annoying their wife/girlfriend is.

[This is where I would insert a picture of Scott Pilgrim slumped in his chair saying "Double Standard!", if I could find it]
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Women comedy come from character, real situations. Not abstract craziness.

That's why I've never met a girl who will sit through an entire episode of Monty Python Flying Circus without telling me quite frankly that it isn't funny.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by thewho65
Most female humour seems rooted in hard-boiled realism, while men tend to gravitate toward the surreal and absurd. Except Maria Bamford, who is in a different taxonomical class than us.

This is pertinent

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=302

Simply stunning.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by CoreysMonster

WRONG, THILLY!
Quote by wizards?
That's why I've never met a girl who will sit through an entire episode of Monty Python Flying Circus without telling me quite frankly that it isn't funny.

That's because that show sucks.
Quoting Hitchens: successful female comics tend to be "hefty or dykey or Jewish, or some combo of the three."
Quote by Grimriffer
Quoting Hitchens: successful female comics tend to be "hefty or dykey or Jewish, or some combo of the three."

If you're going that route, everyone successful and famous tends to be Jewish, so...
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Every time I see a thread like this, it just makes me think that most people in the pit hardly talk to girls.
(Invalid img)
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Quote by lushacrous
If you're going that route, everyone successful and famous tends to be Jewish, so...

Could someone link a funny female comedian? I have yet to come across one that that is remotely funny.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
Could someone link a funny female comedian? I have yet to come across one that that is remotely funny.

ellen degeneres.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

comedian wise, i dont enjoy woman comics. probably because i cant connect with the jokes they make. but i mean there are girls that when we have a conversation we both laugh a lot.
Funny, every girl I've ever gotten to be friends with has said the most attractive thing about a guy is that he is funny. I wonder how males and females get together if they have no sense of humour
Quote by wizards?

Show them the Holy Grail instead.

I have never met a woman who doesn't love the Monty Python movie of the same name, btw

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Bonorly
Funny, every girl I've ever gotten to be friends with has said the most attractive thing about a guy is that he is funny. I wonder how males and females get together if they have no sense of humour

All lies.
Quote by fearofthemark
ellen degeneres.

like no
Quote by Grimriffer
like no

Ellen tried to get me to cover her show but I was like, come on, Ellen, I'm not butch enough for that

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I think a lot of really pretty girls often arent funny because guys will laugh at whatever they say just so they can get laid. thus, they go through life telling the same, not funny jokes, because guys laugh no matter what.

this is a theory ive had for quite a while
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
I had a chauvinistic theory about how wimminz brains can only think in one plane and one step at a time thus making their jokes suck.
Quote by Burgery

Aubrey Plaza both confirms and negates everything I've said in this thread. It makes sense. Also, she has some of my favorite stand up ever in the movie "Funny People" (and in the special features and stuff), but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Watch it though because it's an awesome movie, especially with the like 5 hours of stand up on the second disk.

Maria Bamford is awesome and was also in Funny People.

I'd find more, but my internet feels like going turtle speed whenever I open up a video right now.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by fearofthemark
ellen degeneres.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Page 1 of 3