I Just find my guitar can be uncomfortable on the neck and was wondering if this was possible? (:

Edit : I mean't to say on the title that my guitar was a fender strat squier.
Last edited by PunkRockerJ7 at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by PunkRockerJ7
I Just find my guitar can be uncomfortable on the neck and was wondering if this was possible? (:

Yeah should be pretty easy as long as the heels (bottom parts) of the necks are the same size, just a case of unscrewing one and screwing the other in, as a hint if the holes dont line up, fill the holes with a mix of fine sawdust and glue/resin, then redrill some holes

hope that helped
Yes, if we are only dealing with the physical ability to do so, you could (Exception: Squier Affinity Series bodies will not easily accept Fender or other Squier necks, it's because the bodies are too thin and it causes the normal width replacement neck to be raised way above where it should be). However, I don't think it would help you much. Squiers and Fenders usually use the same shape necks (Modern C), depending on the model. The only thing you would probably see is a change in neck radius, either down to a 7&1/4" or up to a 12" or compound radius 12" - 9&1/2", which wouldn't really help your comfort level.

There are other replacement necks that would probably be better.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Aug 30, 2011,
Thanks for the information. I understand. So instead of just taking one from an American Stratocaster, I should just buy another neck? Because I went to my music store once and I asked if there were any strat necks I could find somewhere, and he said that there were blank necks made by fender which would be about 150-200$ Is it worth it?
Quote by PunkRockerJ7
Thanks for the information. I understand. So instead of just taking one from an American Stratocaster, I should just buy another neck? Because I went to my music store once and I asked if there were any strat necks I could find somewhere, and he said that there were blank necks made by fender which would be about 150-200$ Is it worth it?

What I'm saying is that those "blank necks made by fender" may not be an improvement over your current neck. Those necks are usually identical to the ones that are already on Fender (and Squier) guitars because they are replacement necks; ones you would get if you broke the neck on your guitar, not because the neck on your guitar is uncomfortable.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
What I'm saying is that those "blank necks made by fender" may not be an improvement over your current neck. Those necks are usually identical to the ones that are already on Fender (and Squier) guitars because they are replacement necks; ones you would get if you broke the neck on your guitar, not because the neck on your guitar is uncomfortable.

Alright thanks alot for the info!