Page 1 of 2
I was just talking to my dad (he is quite right wing), and he says that in the United Kingdom, the government controls your thermostat temperature, water usage, shower/bath temperature, and shower length. Is there any truth to this? It seems pretty far fetched. I'm asking you because I doubt he'll believe anything I show other than direct testimonials.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
No they don't but they control how much water you can use from your hose pipe which I believe is quite reasonable.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Ahahahaha

Your dad is crazy.

In England you have to pay for water usage, which I assume is much the same in the USA. Especially in those dry regions. The Scottish dont though, cause it rains so much here we have loads of it.

PSN ID: ArranP
They only thing we have as far as usage goes as far as I know is not being allowed to use hose pipes during pretty hot days in some places, but doesn't affect me here.
Quote by Thrasher51
I was just talking to my dad (he is quite right wing), and he says that in the United Kingdom, the government controls your thermostat temperature, water usage, shower/bath temperature, and shower length. Is there any truth to this? It seems pretty far fetched. I'm asking you because I doubt he'll believe anything I show other than direct testimonials.

If that were the case, Im pretty sure I wouldnt be allowed to take 30 minute showers
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
The government does nothing of the sort.

It's the queen who sends the knights of the round table after you.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Nah definitely not except the hose pipe thing mentioned earlier.

I wonder where some people even get these crazy ideas from...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Thrasher51

What the absolute fuck?
Quote by bluekirby7
If that were the case, Im pretty sure I wouldnt be allowed to take 30 minute showers

or 50 minutes, sometimes.
This will start a RIOT! in me
ITT Cold stinky Brits denying the truth.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Paramore.
or 50 minutes, sometimes.

Oh come on, just 50 minutes? Two hours is the way to go.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Show your Dad this thread.

Also, I'll take up the opportunity to inform your father than we have a conservative led Government at the moment. Their main efforts include allowing greater economic freedom for companies and deficit reduction.
Quote by Thrasher51

What

No. David Cameron has no interest at all in how hot I have my bath. Your dad is incredibly stupid.
Quote by Jackal58
ITT Cold stinky Brits denying the truth.

I deny nothing.

I for one am proud to go without water so that my queen can have an underground rainforest jungle in the grounds of buckingham palace so that she and the Lord High Admiral may hunt previously extinct game resurrected by Q from MI5.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I deny nothing.

I for one am proud to go without water so that my queen can have an underground rainforest jungle in the grounds of buckingham palace so that she and the Lord High Admiral may hunt previously extinct game resurrected by Q from MI5.

God save the queen.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
One time I leave tap running whilst brushing teeth, I was sent to count trees in new forest.
Quote by Thrasher51

I think he was just trying to make a point saying that the government controls too much of their lives. I don't think he actually believes this. He just used it as hyperbole to make a point. I don't live in Britain, so I couldn't tell you about how controlling the government is.
Quote by kratos379
I think he was just trying to make a point saying that the government controls too much of their lives. I don't think he actually believes this. He just used it as hyperbole to make a point. I don't live in Britain, so I couldn't tell you about how controlling the government is.

I would normally agree that his Dad is using hyperbole and not being literal, but then I remember that all Republicans believe in the Bible.
Quote by Craigo
Show your Dad this thread.

Also, I'll take up the opportunity to inform your father than we have a conservative led Government at the moment. Their main efforts include allowing greater economic freedom for companies and deficit reduction.

Don't forget their efforts to crush the souls of students too, one of their main policies!
Not yet, but keep the tories in charge and things will be double plus good in england.

In related stories, I've been asked by crazy right-wing americans tons of crazy questions about sweden. Like is it true we pay 50% income tax, does the goverment control everything, etc.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Jackal58
God save the queen.

Especially from her post-extinct genetically modified big game velociraptors.
No. Not at all.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's all true. Our tea is also being rationed in an attempt to overcome the recession. ONLY 2 BAGS A DAY? PIFFLE.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Don't listen to these guys TS, I just finished a 6 month sentence after my my arrest by the water police
◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸

Haters gonna hate
You're dad is dumb and uninformed.

But I don't blame him. I hear that they teach that the UK uses only the metric system in America, which isn't true either.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by captainsnazz
He may be confusing the UK with north korea or something.

UK - NK wtf is the difference?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2