Hi there,

I want to start playing a acoustic guitar but I ain't sure what one is good for me seeing as I'm a beginner. I'm looking to spend no more than £150.

Thanks for any help people.

Paul
This might not be a very helpful answer but in my opinion it doesn't matter what it is. Its your first guitar and you will love it no matter what :P
Yamaha is a safe choice. Their F310 starter kit is being offered on Amazon @ £110.00. (Or £130 with a case and stand.)

You could get the same model cheaper if you don't mind buying second hand, just search ebay.co.uk for F310.

(The F310 is a steel string guitar. C40 would be the nylon string equivalent.)
Last edited by another_dave at Aug 30, 2011,
i wouldn't recommend buying used as a new player won't know what to avoid on the guitar.

to the op, the yamaha is a good choice.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I have yamaha FG from like 70's that I bought on e-bay for $150 dollars and It was one of the best investments ever... Go yamaha man
Thank you looks like I'll go for that yamaha in the link then guys looks good.
Is they anything else what would be good idea to buy or is that it?

Thanks,
Paul
Quote by 2008paul
Thank you looks like I'll go for that yamaha in the link then guys looks good.
Is they anything else what would be good idea to buy or is that it?

Thanks,
Paul

Are you going to be taking lessons?
I'll be using vids on YouTube etc.
But, my brother plays guitar so could ask him if I can't learn myself.
Quote by 2008paul
I'll be using vids on YouTube etc.
But, my brother plays guitar so could ask him if I can't learn myself.

If you check your local library, the 'teach yourself guitar' books are shelved around 787.6>787.9. The Hal Leonard Guitar Method seems to be the top seller on Amazon UK at the mo'.

Teachers are not really expensive. MusicTeachers.co.uk seems to have the most listed, but there is also the Registry of Guitar Tutors. The cheapest option tends to be group classes, your local college/community centre probably offers an evening course.
Last edited by another_dave at Sep 2, 2011,