I dont know if this is allowed on here or not so forgive me if it isnt. My friend at church wants me to start posting videos of me playing guitar on youtube. And I would like a non biased opinion. And some constructive critism on goods and bads of my playing. This isnt something I wrote or anything just a short litttle on the fly thing Id thought I would try. BTW the video is sideways on accident sorry!

http://youtu.be/B86eNh1hY7g
Fender US Strat-Fender MX Strat-Fender US Tele-Epiphone Sheraton II>Cry Baby Wah-Boss TU3-Nano clean boost-Boss SD1-BBE Green Screamer-Mxr '78 Distortion-Visual Sound Chorus-Digitech Digi Delay-HardWire RV7 Reverb-Digitech Jamman>Fender Frontman 212R
Last edited by blueslover26 at Aug 30, 2011,
If you want honest critique, ditch the effects. Everything was fine, but the vibrato. Here's where the effects come in. I can't clearly hear whether it's weak or not cause of the effects, dunno about others. From the finger motions it seems a bit weak, but if that was intended then fine.
Yeah, it was intended. One of my only good qualitys is vibrato control. And I agree the effects were heavy. Thanks, I appreciate it.
Fender US Strat-Fender MX Strat-Fender US Tele-Epiphone Sheraton II>Cry Baby Wah-Boss TU3-Nano clean boost-Boss SD1-BBE Green Screamer-Mxr '78 Distortion-Visual Sound Chorus-Digitech Digi Delay-HardWire RV7 Reverb-Digitech Jamman>Fender Frontman 212R
OH! And yes I want honest imput !!!!! LOL How else will I get any better
I liked the effects, although they do become a bit overwhelming with so many layers.

nice playing
it's nicely played. very chill as mentioned the effects could be set up a little better. but that's a matter of personal taste. try and come up with some flashy of seemingly interesting title that many people will search on the tube that still fits the content of the vid and you'll have a huge amount of opinions in no time. more than you'll get here if all goes well
how do i change the title? I seriously dont know what im doing when it comes to youtube and videos and such! thanks for the kind words
I actually really liked the piece but it's impossible to critique your physical playing if we can't see what both hands are doing and if you're not pushing yourself technically.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I actually really liked the piece but it's impossible to critique your physical playing if we can't see what both hands are doing and if you're not pushing yourself technically.[/Q

I hear ya, but you have no idea if Im pushing myself or not. And you dont really have to see if you can hear. But I appreciate the feed back. This was a trail run video. First time and all. Ill be sure to have better camera placing next time. Thanks
Quote by blueslover26
I hear ya, but you have no idea if Im pushing myself or not. And you dont really have to see if you can hear. But I appreciate the feed back. This was a trail run video. First time and all. Ill be sure to have better camera placing next time. Thanks

No, I can tell you're not physically pushing yourself. You don't sound like you are.

You post on a technique forum for technique advice, technique is a physical thing, it needs to be seen to be judged. You can keep telling yourself that it was a trial run and all that but until you're really pushing the bounds of what you can do and we can see you doing so, posting a video here is somewhere between pointless and pure masturbation.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, I can tell you're not physically pushing yourself. You don't sound like you are.

You post on a technique forum for technique advice, technique is a physical thing, it needs to be seen to be judged. You can keep telling yourself that it was a trial run and all that but until you're really pushing the bounds of what you can do and we can see you doing so, posting a video here is somewhere between pointless and pure masturbation.

Yeah that makes a alot of sence. Ill defenatly keep that in mind when I do my next one. Thanks
That was really nice. Great phrasing, loved it.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Moved to recordings - in future please post this kind of stuff in there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oh, nice, I had no Idea there was a link for that. Thanks man