How can I get a "crunchy", clean tone, with a touch of distortion, with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Peavey Vypyr 15?

Sorry if these threads aren't allowed, or if there's already a thread dedicated to tones; I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

EDIT - and can somebody give me the link to the thread that has the collection of different tones? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by Jostry
How can I get a "crunchy", clean tone, with a touch of distortion, with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Peavey Vypyr 15?

Sorry if these threads aren't allowed, or if there's already a thread dedicated to tones; I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

neck pickup, and probably with your drive about 5, your treble at 8, bass at 3/4 and mid about 3. to get more move the drive up a bit
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
neck pickup, and probably with your drive about 5, your treble at 8, bass at 3/4 and mid about 3. to get more move the drive up a bit

And which amp do I use on the Vypyr. It has a lot of different amp settings.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
And which amp do I use on the Vypyr. It has a lot of different amp settings.

oh, im not really familiar with it
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You'll wanna be using the PLXI model, with about Treble 6, Mids 8, and Bass 4.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i like the Plexi And British models myself. SOmetimes if i'm looking for a really crunchy sound, i use the Recto model and really back off the gain. The red channel i mean. But try the other too first as they are prolly closer to what you are looking for
Play with the Brit model. It sounds better than the Plexi model IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
try a overdrive through your clean channel. same settings, use bridge pick up, just boost/overdrive it.
Any of the lighter models and keep the gain control low but not totally down. That's how you get that mostly clean tone with just a touch of distortion. Same as with any amp. Tone EQ and pickup selection is down to your taste.
I use one of the clean models - like the Plexi, British, or Fender Twin. I still have the pre-gain pretty high and they don't break up.

Then I dial in the Tube Screamer on the effects knob - just a small amount will do.