I am currently running my mic through a bass amp, 60 watts, cranked up all the way. It's barely loud enough to play over drums. Could I use a boost pedal to make it louder?
Buy an actual P.A. system.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Buy an actual P.A. system.

This.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Vocals cover a much wider frequency range than a bass amp can handle. With a boost pedal, you'd just be boosting frequencies that aren't being amplified properly in the first place. As others have said, you need a P.A. There are plenty of portable ones out there that are inexpensive, well-made and surprisingly loud. Check them out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Phonic PA's are cheap. And are decent from what I am told.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I would buy a PA, however, the gig I need it for is in two weeks, and I have exactly $10 of money I could spend. I also kind of like the sound of the vocals through the bass amp.
A boost pedal would probably just put the amp even further into overdrive, since it's cranked up all the way already... It's worth a try, and you might be able to use it to get the 'radio' type of vocal effect you hear in some songs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hate to say it but if you're not getting mic'ed at this gig, and you truly have no money to get a cheap PA, you're pretty well screwed. Ask around, you might be able to borrow one.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo