Hi GUYS,

i am planning on buy a gretsch white falcon for but i cant find one anywhere the has Dynasonic pickups so i was wondering if i could buy one with filtertron pickups and then buy a set of seymour duncan gretsch dynasonic pickups and replace the filtertron pickups with them with minimum hassle (so they fit in perfectly)?
*opens google*
*types 'white falcon dynasonic'*
*clicks third link*
"this item is in stock"

I just can't imagine paying $4-5k AND having to change pickups as well O.o
Quote by KorYi
*opens google*
*types 'white falcon dynasonic'*
*clicks third link*
"this item is in stock"

I just can't imagine paying $4-5k AND having to change pickups as well O.o

It's going to be second hand and I have that money because I got it for my bar mitzvah a few years ago and I still havnt spent it (cause I'm not a druggie)!

My actual question is whether I can fit them in perfectly without any extra hassle. I know where to buy them.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Why'd you make two threads on the same thing?

Cause I got rubbish answers on this thread, sometimes the UG users can be great and somtimes they're bullshit
They do not drop into a filtertron spot. Replacing pickups on hollowbodies is a pain in the ass anyway, so if you want a minimum of hassle, forget new pickups. The ones in the Falcon are great anyway. If you really want new pickups, TV Jones are where it's at.
Quote by itamar101
Cause I got rubbish answers on this thread, sometimes the UG users can be great and somtimes they're bullshit

You still can't start more than one thread for a single topic. They will be closed and you could get warned or banned for it if you do it very often.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
You still can't start more than one thread for a single topic. They will be closed and you could get warned or banned for it if you do it very often.

sorry!
Quote by Roc8995
They do not drop into a filtertron spot. Replacing pickups on hollowbodies is a pain in the ass anyway, so if you want a minimum of hassle, forget new pickups. The ones in the Falcon are great anyway. If you really want new pickups, TV Jones are where it's at.

Thanks for the info, ill probably just wait around for one with dynasonics to arise in the uk or ill get a prs Studio, although how hard would it be for pro's to swap the pickups because in my local store if you buy a guitar from them you get 1 years free setup and modifications (having to pay for the pickups etc.)

do you think theyd mess it up or not
It's not something a professional would be likely to screw up, it just takes longer to do and is more tedious than on solidbody guitars since the wiring is just floating free inside the guitar and you have to run all the parts and wires in through the f-holes.
Quote by Roc8995
It's not something a professional would be likely to screw up, it just takes longer to do and is more tedious than on solidbody guitars since the wiring is just floating free inside the guitar and you have to run all the parts and wires in through the f-holes.

thanks, youve been very helpful