Page 1 of 6
So I saw the GB 9/11 interview last night and he seemed very....sincere. He didn't seem like a bad guy im somewhat ignorant when it comes to most politics and presidents, so when somebody says they hate Obama and Bush or Clinton or whatever, I really have no idea why.

So my question stands. Why was Bush such a hated president? He had a pretty stressful presidency, and it *sounds* like he really tried patching shit up for the US. I could be wrong though, so that's what this thread is about.
pinga
Afghanistan.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
I adored him.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Well, issues concerning the war are a big part of it.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Well he was a right-wing, religious, warmongering, slow-witted oaf who favoured the rich. That doesn't really fly in a lot of countries
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I disagree with his views and methods but I think he did what he thought was right. People who act like any president purposefully tries to **** up the country are idiots.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Cb4rabid
So I saw the GB 9/11 interview last night and he seemed very....sincere. He didn't seem like a bad guy im somewhat ignorant when it comes to most politics and presidents, so when somebody says they hate Obama and Bush or Clinton or whatever, I really have no idea why.

So my question stands. Why was Bush such a hated president? He had a pretty stressful presidency, and it *sounds* like he really tried patching shit up for the US. I could be wrong though, so that's what this thread is about.

Because it took James Cameron as long to make Avatar as it took George Bush to make a documentary about 9/11... Where he's essentially just commentating.

Just because he always acted like an idiot.
Shit sucked then, and he was a great punching bag.

Ultimately the primary purpose of the president is to give us someone to yell at when things go wrong or praise when things go right. The president is key in the illusion that we have real control over the economy and events worldwide.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by angusfan16
I thought he was decent. I like him a lot more than Obama.

This.

Quote by Duffman123
Armed countries and then invaded them.

So much wrong with this statement...you realize he wasn't a president in the 80s, right?
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Aug 30, 2011,
He made panel shows better, that is all. Once he left, they died very slow deaths - and continue to die to this day.

Also:

Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by angusfan16
I thought he was decent. I like him a lot more than Obama.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

**** i hope this is trolling, if not, you're a total ****ing idiot.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh, No Child Left Behind is total shit.

^Having an opinion means you're a troll now. (Coming from a very liberal person who wasn't much of a fan of Bush.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
He seems like a cool guy to have a beer with, but I don't think being a president is the right role for him...
Quote by Eastwinn

Ultimately the primary purpose of the president is to give us someone to yell at when things go wrong or praise when things go right. The president is key in the illusion that we have real control over the economy and events worldwide.

Yup. I mean, the president does have power, but people act like everything that goes wrong in the U.S. is immediately the presidents fault. It's probably my young age and the fact that I don't pay attention to politics, but I really don't see any huge difference in my life when there's a new president around.
I think most of it has to do with the war in Iraq. The dislike of that spread into his other policies. Liberals that don't like conservative policies probably hated them even more once that dislike was combined with the rage over the war.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh, No Child Left Behind is total shit.

^Having an opinion means you're a troll now. (Coming from a very liberal person who wasn't much of a fan of Bush.)

Oh yeah, i forgot that most Republicans aren't just massive trolls with shit for brains.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Isnt the NCLB Act a good thing? It increased government spending on education
pinga
Quote by Sief9
Yup. I mean, the president does have power, but people act like everything that goes wrong in the U.S. is immediately the presidents fault. It's probably my young age and the fact that I don't pay attention to politics, but I really don't see any huge difference in my life when there's a new president around.

When you are a professional, things the president does affects you more. Obama's comments about "corporate jet owners" has had a negative effect on my industry (aviation). And that was just a comment, use in a speech for hyperbole.

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Quote by Duffman123
ehhhhh like father like son and all that....

>_>

Oh, Duffman.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Oh, Duffman.

quoting my post before I delete it

that's evil man
Sent men and women to die in the desert on a fucking lie
Created tax cuts that specifically favor the rich
Wiretapped innocent American citizens without warrants
Allowed people to be tortured
Started war on an unbeatable concept
Poor leadership during Hurricane Katrina

He didn't do everything poorly, but he screwed up enough that he can't be called a good president.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Because he ordered the 9/11 on his own country.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Cb4rabid
Isnt the NCLB Act a good thing? It increased government spending on education

They spent more on education but the actual quality of education is shit. It's all standardized tests that have no relevance to the real word or being mentally competent. Learning isn't encouraged, thought isn't encouraged. It's all about the tests. A state has to meet certain requirements. The kicker is that if a state gets below the line, they can lower their own standard next time. If they don't meet the requirement, they don't get money. Our youth's education is being traded for funding.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Duffman123
quoting my post before I delete it

that's evil man

Sorry i found your post particularly delicious

The only good thing about Bush was his complete and utter stupidity. He gave funny quotes by the boat load, and still does to this day. ****, Bush acknowledged Climate Change, the rest of his party still doddle on that, Bush is good for that only.

Republicans =
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Oh yeah, i forgot that most Republicans aren't just massive trolls with shit for brains.

This coming from someone who is neither Republican or Democrat.

Honestly, that generalization could be applied to most Americans, not just Republicans as a singular entity...Democrats are just as idiotic, by and large.
Quote by L2112Lif
Trying to get all students to perform at an equal ability.

Whoever wrote it up knows nothing of statistics, deviation, or a normal distribution.

Oh.

Nevermind I hate that
pinga
Quote by Eastwinn

This is always the case though: people were ripping the shit (okay, slightly exaggerated) out of Obama very soon into his presidency before he had the chance to do anything: unless the state of affairs is "everything is good, 24/7", the guy in charge will always get hate for something.

However, Afghanistan wasn't exactly an easy decision to make. Not that I am not in favour of war. He wasn't a particularly good president, but he was in a very difficult situation with the war. He did some good, but he also fooked up on some rather crucial things.

Quote by Anthony1991
posts.

Reported. Learn some manners.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by punkforlife93

Honestly, that generalization could be applied to most Americans, not just Republicans as a singular entity...Democrats are just as idiotic, by and large.

This
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Sent men and women to die in the desert on a fucking lie
Created tax cuts that specifically favor the rich
Wiretapped innocent American citizens without warrants
Allowed people to be tortured
Started war on an unbeatable concept
Poor leadership during Hurricane Katrina

He didn't do everything poorly, but he screwed up enough that he can't be called a good president.

I was going to rebuttal this about obama continuing all these practices, but I remembered that is not the point of this thread.

I will simply say that those tax cuts helped my family and Katrina being messed up was a number of problems other than Bush.

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Quote by punkforlife93

Thanks for trading patronization, lets do it again sometime.

And who put the american people in that position? Who funded their education in the most dumb ass way? Mmmk. America is really polarized at the best of times, regardless of affiliation or background.

Atleast the democratic leaders have intelligence, whereas the Republican leaders are - well tbh, all i have to say is: Bush, McCain, Palin.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster