hey guys, new bass today, was a gift from the bassist,
Random P bass shape,
Plays Very well, action is low, The tuners are a bit old, the bridge is rusty,
Perfect Restoration project no?
Pics..

I'm going to be Refinishing in a dark colour, maybe a metallic black, or dark blue, im going to re add chrome covers, complete Hardware overhaul, Pearloid white pickguard. e.t.c!

Any more ideas for cosmetics?
Last edited by Lespauljames at Aug 30, 2011,
THE FUNGUS BOX!!!!

why didn't I think of that?

you can get Gotohs pretty cheap if you shop at luthier sites, not, say, musicians friend.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I dunno but I'm really digging that pickguard

Also. Leo Quann Badass Bridge.
I kind of like the color, but that's just me.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Hey, that's got a pretty nice, unusual color scheme. Definitely restore it, good luck on that
Professional lurker since 2009.
Gotoh 201 would be a good bridge choice, cheaper then a Badass/Hipshot/Babicz/etc. and it'll fit under a bridge ashtray. Throw on some good reliable tuning machines too and you should be set.

The only other thing I can say is: matching headstock.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
matching headstock it is, Gotoh 201? ill look into it, i'm on quite a budget, i started paint stripping, there were two coats of paint over the original Blonde finish, and it was Veeery thick, I'm going to sand down to the Primer/original coat, make sure there is enough key for new paint e.t.c,
Im not to hot on blonde though, so im at a loss with what colour to use. !
what are your fave bass colours? cause i need some tasty ideas!

LPJ out.
Aside from the headstock and the writing on the body I think that looks pretty ballin'!

Could definitely see that being a great funk bass!

Good luck with the restoration though!
How about something different like a purple burst?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Oh man.... a white P with red pickguard and maple neck is EXACTLY what i've been wanting forevr.

So. Jealous.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
hey if he wants it a different color it is his bass. I could understand that.

go find a high school artist, have them paint fighting dragons or something equally cinematic on it for some loose bills. way cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Black Ox
Gloss black, b/w/b pickguard, Seymour Duncan quarter pounders, gotoh 201 bridge...you're welcome

Paint the headstock to match the body, too.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Definitely a funk-us (seewhatididthere?) bass.

I would like to slap it all night...
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Im going close, i dont have much of a budget though, so im going for a hardware swap with bits from allparts, thinking fo going for brass nut and saddles, just to be different. as for pickguard im just gonn apick up what i can for as little as possible, so it could be anything, as long as it at least goes.
you already started? shoot i wish i saw this sooner. i love the color scheme of the orig. paint. i suppose it is your bass haha check hipshots website, the scratch and dent section is total tits. i picked up a $160 bridge for 65 haha brass with gold plate yum yum yum nothing noticeably wrong with it either
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful