Here's something I've been asking myself for a while:

What's the deal with the recent fixation for zombies and zombie apocalypse?

Alot of things I stumble upon have got something to do with zombie, how to survive an attack, threads on zombies etc (humorous, of course).

Aside from the fact that I don't like them, never have done..

What I want to know is what the hell caused it?

I remember a few years ago..there were a couple of films and stuff..but none of this.

Was there a major game, or film, or something that caused zombies to become a recent subject of humour and fantasy bigger than what it was before?

Forgive my ignorance..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I think we should all get together at my place, and put our big, juicy braaaiiins together to figure it out. My place, saturday, bring your braaaiiiinnssss.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I heard that there's a correlation between bad economic times and zombie movies.

Never looked into it though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
People have a large fear of crowds, and other people. Its much more easy to rationalize that fear if those people want to eat you.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Because Zombies are awesome, and in my opinion, THE best sort of horror movie creature, zombies ****ing rule.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Wwz
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Everybody should have a plan in case of a zombie outbreak (although if they are the fast moving zombies rather than the classic Romero style zombies then we are doomed).
"Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
I've just noticed that in the past year it's become a bigger thing and was wondering if a videogame or film that I missed (haven't played a videogame since Ps2 and don't watch a huge amount of films) brought it out
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Zombie stories aren't even about the zombies really. They're about what the zombies cause. Claustrophobia, paranoia, xenophobia. The destruction of the safe, normal world and turning it upside down entirely where you're not only hunted, you're hunted by previous loved ones, neighbors, and familiar faces.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Krieger91
I've just noticed that in the past year it's become a bigger thing and was wondering if a videogame or film that I missed (haven't played a videogame since Ps2 and don't watch a huge amount of films) brought it out

The Walking Dead television adaptation.
"Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
heh, I don't know why everyone is so worried about zombies. What everyone should be worried about is primates. We got some monkeys that have learned to sharpen sticks and use them as spears - they go in hunting parties and kill smaller monkeys to eat. Other monkeys are traveling to breed by dropping out of trees into trucks and jumping off when they get where they're going, then go back the same way. Supposedly, the taliban is training monkeys to shoot ak47s and such...and monkeys can learn sign language. It comes down to the same problem as AI, it all seems like fun and games till they become self aware.
It's just another stupid fad. And I hope it dies soon, because I'm ****ing tired of it.
Check out my band Disturbed
Probably the remake of Dawn of the Dead in 2004 brought a lot of attention to it, also Shaun of the Dead brought attention to the awesome/funny aspect of zombies imo.
Things kinda just exploded with more movies/video games and shit.
Although I think it's kinda dead now, the movies are all played out, the video games are kinda lame (Call of Duty Zombies is really gay...not sure why people enjoy playing it). Something new will come along in 5-10 years.
Quote by StewieSwan
It's just another stupid fad. And I hope it dies soon, because I'm ****ing tired of it.

You think that's bad? At Download, everyone was still quoting 300. And shouting 'back scratcher!' for some reason. Made my head hurt more than it did when I was trying to work out what Glenn Danzig was mumbling through 95% of his set.
Quote by StewieSwan

zombies are already dead.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Resident Evil has always been popular so they helped with their popularity. Then Left For Dead, Call of Duty, Halo, and other video games really started to add to it. Plus some really popular movies with zombies have been coming out. Then there's the fact that people are on the internet a lot more now, so if there's something popular it's going to grow in popularity exponentially.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You think that's bad? At Download, everyone was still quoting 300. And shouting 'back scratcher!' for some reason. Made my head hurt more than it did when I was trying to work out what Glenn Danzig was mumbling through 95% of his set.

buttscratcher*
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I would'nt worry it happens at any festival you go to
Quote by JaykeSucks
Instead of paying $500 to bail him out, pay a criminal $500 to bum him. That'll learn him.
Drugs and rave parties, probably.

You know how viewers are supposed to relate to movie characters in some way.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.