Just got this babe recently, and I was thinking of putting a pickguard on it since it's Cedar top. However, not sure how it would really look. I was contemplating between a small clear one and a red tortoise one...If anyone knows how I can edit a pickguard onto a picture of the guitar or even better..kindly do it for me...that would be swell...I don't know how to post pictures here so I'll just leave a link to the guitar. Thanks.

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/American_C25_CRe_H-e3dedbff70d2fa362b5593b7a56664b0.jpg
I can help. I'll be back in a bit.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Don't put a pickguard on that.

Please.

Just...don't.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Last edited by GunsNSnakepits at Aug 30, 2011,
Yep, and those Photoshops prove that a pickguard completely ruins it.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Hmmm haha...well...thanks for the photoshops...the only reason I'm thinking of putting a pickguard on it is to protect it...I'm not a hard strummer...but at the same time, I'm overprotective when it comes to my stuff getting scratched or scuffed. My nightmare is someone in a band or something or a close friend saying he wants to play it or "just try it" when theres no pickguard to protect it...you know what I mean? Don't know why I dot dot dot so much haha

*edit* the tortoise pickguards from breedlove are even smaller than that...if it was smaller I don't think it would look too bad...and if the clear one...was almost invisible that might be a good bet...I may try and see if I can find peelable ones? I don't know. It's cedar wood, I don't want it getting scratched thats all..
Last edited by Dee Ay at Aug 30, 2011,
Clear is the way to go. You won't notice any difference from afar. All pickguards are "peelable". You just need to apply a little bit of heat to get them off.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Oh, I thought peelable meant that you could stick one off and then take it off after playing and it wasn't glued on permanently...

Anyway, I was thinking clear would allow the guitar to look natural which is nice, and red tortoise would make it look more like my favorite block of wood out there, the taylor 514ce...which is way too expensive for me but masterfully beautiful.

For those saying no pickguard is good, I agree to some extent...but the fact that there is no pickguard makes me always feel self conscience when I'm playing to the extent that I'm thinking about not touching the guitar too much...don't know how that doesn't happen to you guys XD I'm weird I guess.
I have an Epiphone acoustic that I took the pickguard off. Doesn't bother me because, while I don't thrash my guitars, I believe they should be played and not babied.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Quote by Dee Ay
Oh, I thought peelable meant that you could stick one off and then take it off after playing and it wasn't glued on permanently...

Anyway, I was thinking clear would allow the guitar to look natural which is nice, and red tortoise would make it look more like my favorite block of wood out there, the taylor 514ce...which is way too expensive for me but masterfully beautiful.

For those saying no pickguard is good, I agree to some extent...but the fact that there is no pickguard makes me always feel self conscience when I'm playing to the extent that I'm thinking about not touching the guitar too much...don't know how that doesn't happen to you guys XD I'm weird I guess.

Ohh... No. I don't think there's such a pickguard out there. Not that I've heard of.

I understand wanting to baby your guitar, but if your guitar has no bumps, scratches or dings, you haven't really played it. That's how I feel about it, anyway. I used to baby my martin as well, but the longer I have it, the more I feel that guitars are meant to be thoroughly enjoyed. The bumps are a sign of character.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.