I use a 100 watt Krank Revolution 1 With a Rivera speaker with celestion T-75s.
( I use high end LTD Floyd, Active emg 81 & 85's)

I love High gain amps for metal, How could I make my rig better?

What is your Favorite HI gain AMps?

What do you guys think of my rig?

What genre music do you play?

BTW.
I run a very dry rig because I don't want cover up mistakes with a wall of effect.
Attachments:
Krank.jpg
Probably should throw a tubescreamer in there.

Also, if you think effects are used to hide mistakes you are seriously misinformed.
Different amps for different sounds. I can think of about 3 or 4 different high-gain amps that would all get used, by me, for different things if I could.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Kyleisthename
Probably should throw a tubescreamer in there.

Also, if you think effects are used to hide mistakes you are seriously misinformed.

sorry I didn't mean they hide your mistakes, I just didn't know what I was getting at.

Im not a big Effects guy because like I like to keep it dry when I practice so it shows my mistakes more, so I can improve and progress sorry I was a little vague and insulting on Effects. LOL
Randall RM100
Krank Krankenstein
Diezel Herbert
Bogner Uberschall
Rivera amps in general
Soldano SLO
Peavey 5150/6505
EVH 5150 III
Framus Cobra
Peters Chimaira
ENGL SE
VHT/Fryette Pitbull
Marshall 2203KK

All are amazing high-gain amps.
I use the RM100, and I play nearly every variety of metal in existence. This amp can also emulate nearly every amp on my list with the appropriate module modifications.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by Shinozoku
Randall RM100
Krank Krankenstein
Diezel Herbert
Bogner Uberschall
Rivera amps in general
Soldano SLO
Peavey 5150/6505
EVH 5150 III
Framus Cobra
Peters Chimaira
ENGL SE
VHT/Fryette Pitbull
Marshall 2203KK

All are amazing high-gain amps.
I use the RM100, and I play nearly every variety of metal in existence. This amp can also emulate nearly every amp on my list with the appropriate module modifications.

Is the Rm100 a tube or Solid state amp?

I Haven't tried many of the high gain Amp out
But I have listened to plenty of demos, I was never crazy about randall amps Many players had problems with them breaking down so i stayed away from them
Amps I like: I really like things like ENGL amps(for metal tones) and Blackstars, and Marshalls

What do you guys think of my rig? - It looks ok, but Kranks pack more gain then I need, and Riviera cabs seem pretty sick from what I've heard, but the head... not quite what I like, and 81-85's just aren't my thing seeing as I'm more of a strat guy. But it probably works for heavier stuff.

What genre music do you play - I play absolutely everything, but I've been doing more Fusion and Alt-Rock(originals mostly) then anything else lately, and I've found a strat and a marshall to be the most versatile rig for the way I play(though, I only have a Peavey)

I'd say your rig seems pretty solid. There isn't an easy way to upgrade it without dropping some 3000 dollars for an ENGL.
Dude, you got a nice set that kicks soo much ass! Seriously if you want more gain throw in a tubescreamer or an overdrive. I don't see how you need more than that for metal, I've jammed with some ppl who have cheap equipment and they pulled it off nicely. It all comes down to technique, Amps can only get you so far the rest comes from you.

anyways, you got it all just get an overdrive for more gain