Anyone tried one as of yet? Im very interested as I've heard the tiny terror dosent have good cleans and GW mag says 'DT can produce impressive clean tones w/ gain set below 9 o clock'.

Discuss.
Awesome! I did do a search but dual terror in thread title is misleading.
Sounds like a perfect fit for what I would be using it for. Now to go find and play one.
piece of advise, never buy something based just off a GW review. They even gave high marks to a First Act Target guitar. Not saying it is necessarily bad, just that they aren't very objective in their reviews
ive seen a few videos of the dark terror and i must say i cant remember the last time i heard a worse sounding amp. i mean, i cantreally think of one. imo its right along with a spider 3.

i wasnt really that happy with regular orange amps, but i realize you can get good tone out of them. just not my thing.

the dark terror literally sounds like ass.

edit:

yup just watched more videos. god aweful. the most fizzy sounding fuzzy distortion with almost no clarity. you might as well max out a fuzz pedal and run it straight into your mixer.

I havent heard a bad fuzz like that since i maxed out a ZVEX fuzz factory in GC the otehr week. difference is, various good tones are atainable from the z vex.
Last edited by ikey_ at Aug 30, 2011,
The cheapest Orange I'd look at is the TH30, the terror series is not my cup of tea.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ikey_
ive seen a few videos of the dark terror and i must say i cant remember the last time i heard a worse sounding amp. i mean, i cantreally think of one. imo its right along with a spider 3.

i wasnt really that happy with regular orange amps, but i realize you can get good tone out of them. just not my thing.

edit:

yup just watched more videos. god aweful. the most fizzy sounding fuzzy distortion with almost no clarity. you might as well max out a fuzz pedal and run it straight into your mixer.

I havent heard a bad fuzz like that since i maxed out a ZVEX fuzz factory in GC the otehr week. difference is, various good tones are atainable from the z vex.

Damnit.

Also GW gave a first act from target good reviews? No wonder a7x is on the cover all the time....

So out of these suggested to me: for metal(hair, heavy, thrash, Pantera)/ hard rock
What do you guys think?

Carvin V3m
Tweaker 40
Night Train 50
Randal RT50
Traynor 50
Used egnater rebel 30 (cant find one)
Quote by DimebagZappa
Damnit.

Also GW gave a first act from target good reviews? No wonder a7x is on the cover all the time....

So out of these suggested to me: for metal(hair, heavy, thrash, Pantera)/ hard rock
What do you guys think?

Carvin V3m
Tweaker 40
Night Train 50
Randal RT50
Traynor 50
Used egnater rebel 30 (cant find one)

The V3m, hands down. Such a quality amp, and affordable. You really can't go wrong.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
i am actually in the market for a VERSATILE,small tube amp head and right now it is a tie between the v3m and a hughes and kettner tubemeister.

carvin ultimately wins on versatility (3 channels), but the tubemeister has better power controls (down to 1 watt and silent simulated out).

- one complaint i have heard is the carvin lacks character, and i feel the tubemeister would sound more unique.

- carvin will push more gain and can go higher wattage

- i am a simple guy and personally agree with the handwired, point to point boutique philosophy. i think the carvin might have SOOOOOO much crap it in,the sound quality would degrade a little

- though i find 18 watts is enough (tubemeister), i wonder if it is enough to truely be versatile in all cases i need

- hughes and kettner has a better rep for amplifiers in a larger segment of the market. Carvin has a good rep, but no a lot of people have used em.

....my thoughts as of now

edit:

i also like the egnater amps. very versatile, tons of options. honestly, im staying away cause they do cost a nice bit, but other amps like the Carvin offer the same or more features for less money and are more unique. any joe shmoe can find 5 egnater amps in a guitar center.

im one of those guys who doesnt really go the opposite of what people wants (i still stick to well known), but will take the different one to stand out. i prefer my OWN unique setup.
Last edited by ikey_ at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by ikey_

edit:

agreed.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Damnit.

To be fair, they looked at the guitar from the perspective of a person looking for a cheap beater for their kid.

Would you buy a boutique $4500 Ormsby custom for your 8-year old girl who might not even like the instrument?

Quote by ikey_
i am actually in the market for a VERSATILE,small tube amp head and right now it is a tie between the v3m and a hughes and kettner tubemeister.

carvin ultimately wins on versatility (3 channels), but the tubemeister has better power controls (down to 1 watt and silent simulated out).

- one complaint i have heard is the carvin lacks character, and i feel the tubemeister would sound more unique.

im one of those guys who doesnt really go the opposite of what people wants (i still stick to well known), but will take the different one to stand out. i prefer my OWN unique setup.

Uhm.. .They say it lacks Character because it doesn't sound like a Marshall, Fender, Vox, or Mesa. It sounds like a Carvin.

If you wanna forge your own tone, find something that doesn't sound like everyone else, i.e. the Carvin.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Sep 18, 2011,