Hello, today I purchased a Schecter Hellraiser special FR and well I have never played with a floyd rose before so I didn't know what to expect. So being ignorant... I took off all my strings and now I can't keep my floyd rose flush to the body of the guitar. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Quote by choncho581
Hello, today I purchased a Schecter Hellraiser special FR and well I have never played with a floyd rose before so I didn't know what to expect. So being ignorant... I took off all my strings and now I can't keep my floyd rose flush to the body of the guitar. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I really want to know why you took off all of your strings. If you haven't put them back on, that's probably a big factor in it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88

I really want to know why you took off all of your strings. If you haven't put them back on, that's probably a big factor in it.

This, put them back on asap if you haven't already.

Also this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Well, I i broke my A string and I had a pair of Ernie Ball that I wanted to try out so i put all of them on and well yeah now i can't keep it flush :/
That's a great link he posted. As a general rule for all guitars, never take all of the strings off at once, unless you are doing something that requires that, like refinishing or something.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
When you change strings you should take one off and replace it. Don't take all of them off at the same time.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i often take all the strings off so i can better clean the fretboard and frets and also get the crud out of the pickup and bridge area. I only have hardtail or bigsby style trems so that makes life much easier. Usually string replacement = complete guitar cleaning inside and out.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
i often take all the strings off so i can better clean the fretboard and frets and also get the crud out of the pickup and bridge area. I only have hardtail or bigsby style trems so that makes life much easier. Usually string replacement = complete guitar cleaning inside and out.

It might mess your intonation up though.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food