I'm getting paid my first real check in a couplse of weeks (i'm gonna blow it on mostly junk) and I'm so confused on what guitar to get.

My budgets $400, looking for something with 24 frets.

My first thing to choose from is the type of tremolo I want. I don't know whether to get the ZR bridge, or a FR.

I wanted a Raven West for awhile. They seemed pretty nifty. Then I found a guitar world review of a Kramer Assault. Then I wondered "Hmmm, I wonder what other Kramer guiars there are." So I did some searching, and found the Kramer Vangaurd. Which was pretty much the same setup as the Assault, just Alder wood.

I think my final decision is going to be an Ibanez model. Which model? I dunno. I haven't tried them all.

I'm going crazy.

BLANKBLANK
RG350DX, one of my favorite Ibanez guitars. I've played a few, and loved every minute of it. Of course, try it first, you may not like it as much as me, but I was very satisfied, if I had the money, I'd definitely get it. $350 I think.

EDIT: Yes, it does have the Edge, but I never used it, so I can't tell you the performance of the trem there. Personally, I'm not a big fan of whammy bars, I don't like using them, only if the song absolutely needs it will I use one, otherwise, I just recreate the sound another way if I can, so while having the Edge isn't a factor to me, it may be a huge one to you. (especially since you mentioned some specifics).
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Last edited by guitarmaniac88 at Aug 30, 2011,
The RG350 still has the Edge III, and I think if you get the RG370 in RMO, it has a ZP trem.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by guitarmaniac88
RG350DX, one of my favorite Ibanez guitars. I've played a few, and loved every minute of it. Of course, try it first, you may not like it as much as me, but I was very satisfied, if I had the money, I'd definitely get it. $350 I think.

EDIT: Yes, it does have the Edge, but I never used it, so I can't tell you the performance of the trem there. Personally, I'm not a big fan of whammy bars, I don't like using them, only if the song absolutely needs it will I use one, otherwise, I just recreate the sound another way if I can, so while having the Edge isn't a factor to me, it may be a huge one to you. (especially since you mentioned some specifics).

Thanks for the input!

I've been doing a lot've Joe Satriani type stuff. My current trem guitar just doesn't put up with me. (Hamer Scarab with a washburn wonderbar)

The RG350 still has the Edge III, and I think if you get the RG370 in RMO, it has a ZP trem.
Excuse me for my unknowingess, but RMO??
BLANKBLANK
Rmo is a color. Its roadster metallic orange.

The rg350/370 is a great guitar. The zr in the new 370's supposedly slays the edge3 in the 350/ older 370's. Other then that only diff. is the pickguard.
You will want to upgrade pickups.

Edit: Laura- reported. * get the fuck out
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
Save up another check and get a used Ibanez Prestige!!

Not an option. Next check is going towards life related stuff. (car, school, blah blah blah)

Where are you located?

Way over in Poplar Bluff Missouri.
BLANKBLANK