I found a Mesa Single Rec for $750 on Craigslist and the guy said it is basically brand new as he never used it much. After searching a little more I found a used Single Rec on Guitar Center's website for $700 but it would need to be shipped to the nearest GC and obviously I would have to pay for it. Are these good deals, and if so, which is better?
i think i have actually seen/played the single rec your talking about. there are 2 (one black front, one diamond plate) of them at GC in nashua nh. its definatley a great deal. there is also a used mesa 2x12 cab for something like $300 as well as a soldano cab (its snakeskin, its badass).

if you have the money def go for it cuz its a great deal
I do have the money, but how much is shipping going to cost for GC? I may end up going through GC instead of driving 45 minutes to try out the Craigslist guy's Mesa if shipping isn't that much.
ask them to transfer it to a store near you so you can try it.

they do that.

at least they have many times in the past.

good luck.

edit: that way you won't pay shipping. and shipping can be negotiated out just so you know.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
ask them to transfer it to a store near you so you can try it.

they do that.

at least they have many times in the past.

good luck.

edit: that way you won't pay shipping. and shipping can be negotiated out just so you know.

This.

You could also haggle GC down a bit more I'm sure, or try haggling the guy on craigslist to around $650.
The guy on CL said he's firm on the price because he dropped it twice before. I've seen his previous posts. He went from $900 to $850 to now $750. He also said his is in pristine condition and I don't know if GC's will be but if I could save a hundred or more bucks I would sacrifice cosmetics.

EDIT: I will call GC tomorrow and see if I can negotiate shipping or have them ship it so I can try it. Thank you though for all the suggestions!
Last edited by booby50 at Aug 30, 2011,